Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

On 21/05/2023 at 16:28, DawnPatroller said:

It was my 50th birthday party last night so I surprised my guests by playing bass with the band we hired. Their bassist didn't mind stepping down for one, which was just as well because I made him film it.
This is the first time I've played bass in public, with just a quick run through during soundcheck prior to the party starting.

The guy making most of the noise is my twin brother. Also his party. Obviously. 😁

That looked awesome. It’s my dream to play something in front of people one day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

You’re good 

I liked it 

My 50th involved going to Stratford on Avon with kids, getting bumped from the very nice hotel room with child annex that we’d booked, and so unexpectedly going home same day to a very indifferent curry. Think I prefer your five minutes shown there 

• Sad 1

On 23/05/2023 at 16:29, DawnPatroller said:

Well, I wasn't wrong when I said that other bassist didn't mind stepping down for one at my party ... He kindly packed my gear away for me at the end of the night and I've just come to put my bass back on its stand now I'm back home and found a note from him inside my case 😂

Nothing ventured!!

Is that what it said ?

48 minutes ago, DawnPatroller said:

No, silly 😂

It said several complimentary things about my... attributes 

Of the bass variety, obviously 

It could have said ”nothing ventured” 🤔

nice touch, though. 

Edited by Geek99
  • Thanks 1

We made this during the first covid lockdown. All audio recorded at home and sent to the guitarist for mixing. All video recorded on phones and sent to me for editing. None of us met in person due to the restrictions at the time

• Like 7