Why become a member? ×

Should I change?

ashevans09

Hey there,

I recently picked up Tayste_2000's Mesa 400+ and I freaking loved it through his Matamp cabs. They just sounded huge and lovely, and I was set on ordering some when I got back. However, I just gigged the head at a festival through my ampegs, and it sounded amazing too. Also (this is the first time since I sold my Mesa BB750) I got compliments from non bassists about my tone :)

Now, the question is do I move on my Ampegs for the Matamps or should I stick by them, as if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

It's entirely up to you but since you asked my opinion :rolleyes:

There are a few things to consider here such as weight the new neo loaded Matamp 4x10's sound great and are super light.

Aesthetics, Ampeg cabs look like Ampeg cabs nothing special nothing cool even when loaded with the silver grill cloth. Matamp cabs have a stainless steel lazer cut grills and can come in a choice of pretty much any colour you could want, I have mine in red and they are very eye catching from offstage.

Cost, they cost £539 it's a very cheap hi end 4x10 and I think there are offers available to BC'ers so the question is very much as asked do you keep the Ampegs or get Matamp because for that sort of money there isn't anything that comes close.

One other thing which I'm quite proud of is you are supporting a small British company, this may mean nothing to a lot of people but it warms my emo heart :)

P.S. I now have a Matamp 2x12 and its a killer small rig setup, hella loud, just taked everything a 400+ can throw at it but still able to fit in the boot of a hatchback.

Hope this helps