Why become a member? ×

It's 2.49.am and I got in 15 minutes ago

leschirons

Not been in long. Thursday night, great (Rock band) last night, house bass at club playing for what seemed like 20,000 self indulgent blues guitarists and a 13 year old wannabe Angus Young with pushy parents. Tonight, Rock band again but with bad atmosphere from the disgruntled parents of a young-ish band who'd turned up (with the approval of the bar owner) to play for 30 minutes whilst we we eating before our spot. Only problem was, they expected to use ALL our gear with nothing being said or arranged beforehand. Aparrently, it's what they do. They all have equipment but turn up at other people's gigs without their stuff and expect to play.

Only high spot of tonight (now yesterday) was that we were so loud that a whole row of liqueurs shook off a shelf in the bar and smashed in the middle of "Lights out in London" ROCK & ROLL. Made it all worthwhile.

Edited by leschirons

It's 4:19 and I'm still on wind down from second of two, both OK. Bizarre conversation at the second.

Him: "'ere mate you look like geoffrow"
Me: "?"
Him: "Jeffrow"
Me: "??"
Him: "Jeffrow"
Me: "Jeff who?"
Him: "You know Jeffrow"
Me - eventually: "Ooooooooooooooh JETHro"

Ever felt a fool

[quote name='leschirons' post='609769' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:51 AM']Not been in long. Thursday night, great (Rock band) last night, house bass at club playing for what seemed like 20,000 self indulgent blues guitarists and a 13 year old wannabe Angus Young with pushy parents. Tonight, Rock band again but with bad atmosphere from the disgruntled parents of a young-ish band who'd turned up (with the approval of the bar owner) to play for 30 minutes whilst we we eating before our spot. Only problem was, they expected to use ALL our gear with nothing being said or arranged beforehand. Aparrently, it's what they do. They all have equipment but turn up at other people's gigs without their stuff and expect to play.

Only high spot of tonight (now yesterday) was that we were so loud that a whole row of liqueurs shook off a shelf in the bar and smashed in the middle of "Lights out in London" ROCK & ROLL. Made it all worthwhile.[/quote]

All the gear..?? ??????

I think this would be a 'NO' but how would that have gone down..??

And you didn't mean instruments, but expect it meant drums...???

With no advance warning, I don't think you'd do it... I mean, a courtesy call from someone might have been ok..so at least you could tell them what was off-limits..

[quote name='leschirons' post='609769' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:51 AM']Only problem was, they expected to use ALL our gear with nothing being said or arranged beforehand. Aparrently, it's what they do. They all have equipment but turn up at other people's gigs without their stuff and expect to play.[/quote]

Merde!

[quote name='leschirons' post='609769' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:51 AM']Tonight, Rock band again but with bad atmosphere from the disgruntled parents of a young-ish band who'd turned up (with the approval of the bar owner) to play for 30 minutes whilst we we eating before our spot. Only problem was, they expected to use ALL our gear with nothing being said or arranged beforehand.[/quote]

WTF !!! :) This actually happens ????

To answer all the replies,

Yes, I mean ALL the gear except one guitar.

Yes, we told them no, or rather, f*** off, you're joking, hence, the disgruntled parents and other family members.

Yes, this does actually happen but aparrently only here in France. No wonder we've been at war over the last 1,000 years. William the Conquerer's minstrel probably asked to borrow a lute and it all kicked off.

Jeff-row as in Tull or as in the remarkably unfunny "ooh aarrr, ged orf moi trac-der" one?

Ah, 'Sticks and a smile' bands. Get them in sunny England too, and it's almost always kids with pushy parents. We ran into some on my old band's last tour. One in particular in the Music Box in Manchester who literally had drumsticks, guitars and nothing else. Not even a lead. Still stuns me every time.

[quote name='The Funk' post='610520' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:08 AM'][i]"Va te faire foutre, putain de merde. C'est totalement ridicule, ca."[/i]?[/quote]

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, but your translation of what we said to the other band.

Obviously the Mods don't do the censorship thing in French.

Edited by leschirons