Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones

Linus27

I am selling my Lakland Darryl Jones in Lake Placid Blue. The bass is in mint condition and used to below to Happy Jack who rated the bass as near-perfect condition at 9.5. The bass has Lakland pups and has had the tuners upgraded from the Korean-licensed Hipshot tuners to the genuine US-made Hipshot ones, which are much nicer, and includes a D-Tuner. The Korean-licened hipshot tuners will be included in the sale. The bass is strung with a brand new set of DR Extra Life strings in Peacock Blue and comes with a used set also as spares. I will also throw in a gig bag.

I bought this bass back in June from Happy Jack and paid £700 for it. I would like to get the same back for it so a firm £700 I am afraid. The bass does sound and play beautifully and I am genuinely sad to see her go.

I am based in Camberley in Surrey and any trial is welcome. Happy to courier at buyers cost. Please feel free to email for more photos or any questions.

This is the fourth one for sale on here in a fortnight! Is there something we should know!? ;-)

Funny you should mention the colour as I have contacted Laklands to ask why the natural finish and black are not more readily available over here, they intend to release other colours in the near future seems strange they haven't thought about this before, the Duck Dunn for example is available in 9 colours!?

Good luck with the sale, after one myself but too soon after buying Giblett123s Overwater - her indoors would cut them off!

[quote name='christiaan_01' post='592633' date='Sep 8 2009, 07:25 AM']If all these Laklands DJ weren't in Lake Placid Blue, one would have been mine. :)[/quote]

I could'nt decide on blue or black when I was looking. Black looks nice but I was worried it looked a bit to much death metal with a black scratchplate. I liked the blue but was a bit worried it was going to be too light and too much like the Fender baby blue but in the flesh its not. Its a deep strong blue so no worries.

[quote name='Linus27' post='592564' date='Sep 7 2009, 11:44 PM']I am selling my Lakland Darryl Jones in Lake Placid Blue. The bass is in mint condition and used to below to Happy Jack who rated the bass as near-perfect condition at 9.5. The bass has Lakland pups and has had the tuners upgraded from the Korean-licensed Hipshot tuners to the genuine US-made Hipshot ones, which are much nicer, and includes a D-Tuner. The Korean-licened hipshot tuners will be included in the sale. The bass is strung with a brand new set of DR Extra Life strings in Peacock Blue and comes with a used set also as spares. I will also throw in a gig bag.[/quote]

This is a really lovely bass - I only sold it as part of my drive to get my collection of basses down into single figures. I gave it a 9.5 because there is a single blemish, which I didn't point out to Michael. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago because after owning the bass for two months he still couldn't find it!

I had it strung with Peacock Blue strings when Michael bought it. They may not be to everybody's taste, but they look (IMHO) just stunning on this bass. They also sound just as good as any other DR strings. The US-made Hipshots are far nicer than the Korean copies.

As to reaching single figures ... erm ... I didn't. Got down to 10 basses for two weeks, but now back up to 12. Dang!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='592658' date='Sep 8 2009, 08:45 AM']This is a really lovely bass - I only sold it as part of my drive to get my collection of basses down into single figures. I gave it a 9.5 because there is a single blemish, which I didn't point out to Michael. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago because after owning the bass for two months he still couldn't find it!

I had it strung with Peacock Blue strings when Michael bought it. They may not be to everybody's taste, but they look (IMHO) just stunning on this bass. They also sound just as good as any other DR strings. The US-made Hipshots are far nicer than the Korean copies.

As to reaching single figures ... erm ... I didn't. Got down to 10 basses for two weeks, but now back up to 12. Dang![/quote]

I really liked the DR Peacock Blue String. I used to use Elites for about 20 years but fell in love with the DR strings. So much so that I have since re-strung her with another set and will include your old set as a spare. They seem to have a really nice tension to them. I will be stringing my other basses with them in future although maybe not in the peacock blue colour. Not quite sure it would look as good on a natural bass :)