Why become a member? ×

Any guys with a Blade here?

BassAgent

I had one of the original B4 basses up until about two weeks ago - a fantastic bass.
The only reason I sold it is that I just don't get on with Jazz bass profile necks anymore - I just find them too narrow.
here's a link to my original thread about the bass:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46075&hl=levinson+blade"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=levinson+blade[/url]

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='591204' date='Sep 6 2009, 10:11 AM']Nice looking bass - I've read ads about these in BGM & they seem really good. What's your opinion?[/quote]
I like to compare them to the Fender American Deluxe and Sadowsky Metro series, they're only way cheaper (about £1400). The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that my bass had a bit too much treble in the sound, which I solved with replacing the preamp.
The thing I'm still amazed about is the playability. It plays so smooth!

@RhysP: Odd colour, but it fits the instrument!
@Rayman: Yes, she seems to play a B4 with added pickguard.

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='591429' date='Sep 6 2009, 02:28 PM']Not tried the basses, but my old teacher claims they make the best Strat copies ever.[/quote]
I've got one of the old F*nder headstock Texas Standard models & it blows away any Strat I've ever played.
An absolutely fantastic guitar, especially as I only paid £179.00 for it in my local Cash Converters!

Edited by RhysP

[quote]Ive got one of the old F*nder headstock Texas Standard models & it blows away any Strat I've ever played.
An absolutely fantastic guitar, especially as I only paid £179.00 for it in my local Cash Converters![/quote]
Bargainous! my mates just paid quite a bit more for one in cardiff as well.
He's got three Blade guitars and swears by them, in fact I really like them too. Ive never played a blade bass but Im sure they're just as nice