Why become a member? ×

SOLD in a local deal FS: Sandberg PM5 California (LPB) w. Sadowsky preamp & ...

gillento

As I have a new custom bass arriving, I am forced to sell my Sandberg California PM5.
It has a few factory custom options:
-ash body in Lake Placid Blue (LPB)
-maple neck in Vintage tint

Usually Sandberg California series basses come in Alder/Rosewood wood combination.

more custom items:
-custom wound Harry Haussel AlNiCo pickups (the MM pickup can be switched parallel or serial)
-Sadowsky preamp with Vintage Tone Control

included is:
-additional white shell pickguard
-Sandberg gigbag (unused)
-original Sandberg pickups
-3 tools (allen keys)
-invoice for the bass (February 2008) and the Haussel pickups (May 2008)

This bass has not been played a lot as it has been mainly my backup bass. But it has some dings and scratches nevertheless. All of them are shown in the pictures below.

I would like to have 800 euros for the whole package shipped to anywhere in Europe.

confidence check: my ebay username is gillento and I have more than 200 auctions with 100% positive feedback rating.

Here you'll find exhaustive pics: [url="http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/for_sale.html"]http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/for_sale.html[/url]

Edited by gillento

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='586515' date='Sep 1 2009, 02:56 PM']hmmm.... that looks nice.... I've been trying out Sandberg basses recently & I'm very impressed.... rare to see a maple board[/quote]

It was a custom order. The body wood and colour combo as well. Usually they are doing solid colors with Alder bodys.
Ash is usually used for bursts.

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='586530' date='Sep 1 2009, 03:22 PM']String spacing at the bridge?[/quote]

Spacing at the bridge is 18 mm
neck width at zero fret: 46 mm
neck width at 12th fret: 65 mm

Edited by gillento

Oh man, that's a whole lotta bass for the money! Congratulations to whoever gets to buy it. :)

How would you describe the character of the Haussel pickups compared to the stock ones? I'm thinking of doing a similar upgrade to my Sandberg JM4.

Best of luck with the sale!

cheers // Matt

[quote name='BB3000S' post='586792' date='Sep 1 2009, 08:40 PM']Oh man, that's a whole lotta bass for the money! Congratulations to whoever gets to buy it. :)

How would you describe the character of the Haussel pickups compared to the stock ones? I'm thinking of doing a similar upgrade to my Sandberg JM4.

Best of luck with the sale!

cheers // Matt[/quote]

The Häussels have AlNiCo magnets as opposed to ceramic/steel magnets in the Sandberg PUs.

I don't know if you are familiar with AlNiCo characteristics, but in short, they sound warmer, less brittle. To me they sound more "organic" and respond better to playing dynamics.
Another feature of the AlNiCos is that they "make" the string sound fatter when played up the neck (the string comes closer to the PU).
To my ear AlNiCos "play better" with effects, most of all with overdrive / distortion.

As you might notice, I am really an AlNiCo fan :rolleyes:

Apparently there seems to be a problem with the link I provided. It seems to be a flash or Java issue.
Anyway, I put the pics on a different server as well:

[url="http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/11/wo/K6qAHkujxcHOrTGB.1/0.2.1.2.26.27.97.3.35.0.1.1.1?user=gillesloes&fpath=Sandberg%20pics&templatefn=FileSharing1.html"]http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSha...leSharing1.html[/url]

[quote name='BassBunny' post='595137' date='Sep 10 2009, 10:30 PM']Is there something missing from the "A " String Machine Head? It looks different to the rest.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for making me aware. I found the screw in the gig bag and fixed it.
I didn't gig that bass a lot. It passed most of its time in a case.

• 2 weeks later...