Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mesa Boogie 400+

onehappybunny

Well, I'm getting close to 40 and my back is telling me I no longer need my lovely Mesa 400+ :) (that said, if you're after an all valve amp it's one of the lighter ones)

I am the third owner of the amp (still have the original receipt) and it appears that it has been very well cared for. Very slight scratch in the paint on the right hand handle is just about visible, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. Needless to say it sounds lush :wub: and they have recently been discontinued fairly recently so you can't get them new

I have changed the drive valve for a Mullard ECC81 which adds to the smooth valvey tone and makes the EQ much more responsive. However, I can include the original drive valve should someone want to change back.

Will post some photos over the next day or two but (to save you google-ing them) here's some reviews below:

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/Bass+400%2B/10/1"]Mesa 400+ reviews[/url]

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Lexicon/MX300/10/1"]Lexicon MX300 reviews[/url]

Ideally I'd like to sell it with the Boschma black 6U case and Lexicon MX300 rack effects unit (I've only just bought both... doh!... and they are as new) and would be asking £1,000 for the lot. Appreciate it's a bit of a long-shot selling these all together, so if you are only interested in one or two of these just pm me what you think is a fair offer.

In the unlikely event that you have a R500, Shuttle Max, Shuttle 6.0 / 112T combo, Barefaced Compact, or Bergantino 112ER we may be able to agree a partial trade.

[b]EDIT[/b] - I have also decided to sell my Dr Bass 1580 cab for £425 ovno (scroll down for details)

I'm based near Guildford in Surrey if anyone is interested and wants to try it out

Cheers

Stu

Edited by onehappybunny

GAS has also prompted me to decide to also sell my Dr Bass 1580 cab

[b]EDIT[/b] - decided to move to separate post as it was getting confusing. See link below:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59860"]Dr Bass 1580 cab for sale[/url]

Edited by onehappybunny

• 3 months later...

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='584571' date='Aug 29 2009, 02:56 PM']Well, I'm getting close to 40 and my back is telling me I no longer need my lovely Mesa 400+ :) (that said, if you're after an all valve amp it's one of the lighter ones)

I am the third owner of the amp (still have the original receipt) and it appears that it has been very well cared for. Very slight scratch in the paint on the right hand handle is just about visible, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. Needless to say it sounds lush :wub: and they have recently been discontinued fairly recently so you can't get them new

I have changed the drive valve for a Mullard ECC81 which adds to the smooth valvey tone and makes the EQ much more responsive. However, I can include the original drive valve should someone want to change back.

Will post some photos over the next day or two but (to save you google-ing them) here's some reviews below:

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/Bass+400%2B/10/1"]Mesa 400+ reviews[/url]

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Lexicon/MX300/10/1"]Lexicon MX300 reviews[/url]

Ideally I'd like to sell it with the Boschma black 6U case and Lexicon MX300 rack effects unit (I've only just bought both... doh!... and they are as new) and would be asking £1,000 for the lot. Appreciate it's a bit of a long-shot selling these all together, so if you are only interested in one or two of these just pm me what you think is a fair offer.

In the unlikely event that you have a R500, Shuttle Max, Shuttle 6.0 / 112T combo, Barefaced Compact, or Bergantino 112ER we may be able to agree a partial trade.

[b]EDIT[/b] - I have also decided to sell my Dr Bass 1580 cab for £425 ovno (scroll down for details)

I'm based near Guildford in Surrey if anyone is interested and wants to try it out

Cheers

Stu[/quote]

Hi Stu

Is the Mesa still for sale?

Paul

It's been reliable so far -- but it's only done a couple of rehearsals and one gig.

The tone is stunning. I've had loads of people tell me how good it sounds, including the drummer in our loud metal band who said: "I can hear the bass at last."

Where are you? You can come and try it if you like.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='paulie' post='683455' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:52 PM']Youd recommend it?

I have my eye on a couple at the moment. Is it reliable?

Thanks
Paul[/quote]

I've done quite a few gigs with one I got off Mythste, it's been nothing but incredible so far :) . Absolute beast, I love it to pieces :rolleyes:

[quote name='ashevans09' post='683635' date='Dec 14 2009, 02:48 AM']I've done quite a few gigs with one I got off Mythste, it's been nothing but incredible so far :) . Absolute beast, I love it to pieces :rolleyes:[/quote]

No you didnt! At least, ive never owned a 400+... Who's been masquerading as me?!

[quote name='ashevans09' post='684694' date='Dec 14 2009, 11:40 PM']Oh christ i get you and tayste_2000 mixed up! My apologies. Damn the closeness in your names![/quote]

I do want to own one though... If you feel the want for a GB Shuttle 6 plus cash, let me know? :)