Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Clarky

I am selling the HW1 Precision I just bought a couple of weeks ago. Another bass has caught my eye and I need to sell one of my basses to fund it. I guess its last-in/first-out and - given that my Shuker JJB isn't going anywhere - this is the most valuable other bass I own.

The HW1 cost me £579 excluding post plus the 62RI tort s/p cost another £38 plus I added some [s]lovely TI Flats [/s] D'Addario Chrome flats (will obviously also come with the original white s/p). It looks absolutely classic and has low action plus a good thumpy P sound. The nitro finish will age nicely for those who like the relic'ed look.

All-in it cost me £620 excluding post and excluding the strings. It does not have a hard case (they don't come with them unfortunately, just a soft Fender gigbag) but I have lots of bubble wrap and a large cardboard box. Alternatively I live nr Hammersmith so we could meet up if in London

Edit: [s]If you made me a reasonable offer that didn't make me feel too foolish we could probably do a deal here.[/s] Price added per post below - [s]£550 [/s] £530 posted or [s]£530 [/s] £510 picked up

Photos:
[attachment=31447:Cephalon...2009_055.JPG][attachment=31446:Cephalon...2009_054.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Come on folks, Clarky buys great basses and then, god bless him, he sells them. I'd have this one if I could get it past Mrs Beedster, but ever since I walked in after my last Clarky transaction only for our singer (who was suspicioulsy at my house.....) to be stupid enough to say "is that the new bass then", she's got wise to new basses arriving in old cases (he has since said that the look I gave him caused his body temperature to drop by a few degrees)!

Anyway, you can be sure that if Clarky bought it in the first place that it's a cracking bass and it's a bargian price for a nearly new piece of kit. He's a great guy to do business with also.

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='580042' date='Aug 25 2009, 11:55 AM']Come on folks, Clarky buys great basses and then, god bless him, he sells them. I'd have this one if I could get it past Mrs Beedster, but ever since I walked in after my last Clarky transaction only for our singer (who was suspicioulsy at my house.....) to be stupid enough to say "is that the new bass then", she's got wise to new basses arriving in old cases (he has since said that the look I gave him caused his body temperature to drop by a few degrees)!

Anyway, you can be sure that if Clarky bought it in the first place that it's a cracking bass and it's a bargian price for a nearly new piece of kit. He's a great guy to do business with also.

Chris[/quote]
Merci beaucoup Chris! This really is a nice bass and it will not be a problem for me to keep it - just a problem for me and Mrs Clarky!

[quote name='civilian_project' post='580759' date='Aug 25 2009, 10:43 PM']hi just a question. is the badass bridge staying on? just wondering as you didnt mention it and i didnt think they were stock?????? unless fender have suddenly developed some extra taste? :)[/quote]

Though the range has altered slightly the BA bridges were stock as it happened. :rolleyes:

The first Highway One models had a standard Fender bridge and thicker paint - the newer model, introduced in 2006 I think (known as the Highway One Upgrade), has a BAII as standard together with thinner nitro paint job. The colours differed too, as the first model range featured a very fetching Daphne Blue.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Musicman20' post='580782' date='Aug 25 2009, 11:03 PM']Im guessing you aren't interested in a Fender Deville GUITAR (chock horror) combo?[/quote]

Possible that my guitarist might have this Clarky. just in case a compex deal appeals?

[quote name='Beedster' post='580787' date='Aug 25 2009, 11:08 PM']Possible that my guitarist might have this Clarky. just in case a compex deal appeals?[/quote]
I am not interested per se in a guitar combo. Not sure how a complex deal would work though?

[quote name='Clarky' post='580793' date='Aug 25 2009, 11:14 PM']I am not interested per se in a guitar combo. Not sure how a complex deal would work though?[/quote]

Might get a bit confusing, but thanks for the idea!

TBH...Id like this bass, but I am not really allowed to get another...for the moment :)

I need more space....

Re: differences, the finish is thin nitro rather than polyurethane. This is quite a fragile finish and 'relics' fast if you don't treat it carefully - lots of people like the relic'd look though! The hardware is not as good (eg the tuners are not the new ultra-light ones) but you would expect that given the price differential. That said I love BAII bridges possibly more than the new high-mass Fender ones. The bass is slightly lighter than my now-sold 09 Precision. It is a lovely US-made bass but I would say its not quite as luxurious as an 09 P.

Edit: oh and you only get a gigbag not the chunky SKB hard case

Edited by Clarky

Given there have been a couple of questions about the specs, here is Fender's blurb:

"The Highway One series is upgraded for '06! Great '70s styling, Badass Bass II™ bridges and great new colors take this amazing bass to the next level. The thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish lets the body wood's natural tone shine through, making for one of the most exciting new bass guitars in the Fender family"
Highway One™ Precision Bass®

Model Number 011-1360-(Color #)
Series Highway One™ Series
Colors (300) 3-Color Sunburst, (306) Flat Black,(367) Honey Blonde, (375) Midnight Wine, (Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
Body Alder
Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape, (Satin Urethane Finish)
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
Pickups 1 Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid)
Controls Volume, Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass).
Pickup Switching None
Bridge Leo Quan Badass® II Bridge with 4 Pre-Grooved Saddles
Machine Heads Standard
Hardware Chrome
Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
Scale Length 34” (863.6 mm)
Width at Nut 1.625" (41.3 mm)
Unique Features Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Body Finish, BADASS II™ Bridge with Grooved Saddles, Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods, ‘70s Headstock Logo, White Dot Position Inlays
Strings Fender Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, p/n 073-7250-005,
Gauges: (.045, .065, .080, .100)
Accessories Deluxe Gig Bag
Case Deluxe Gig Bag
Introduced 7/2006

[quote name='Clarky' post='580814' date='Aug 25 2009, 11:36 PM']And Gareth/Musicman20 I could bring it along to the 12 Bar on Saturday if you are over that way :lol:[/quote]

Cool cheers! Ill see if the girlf is up for a gig :)

Ill PM you if so.

PS....ill ask another Q on here in case others wanted to ask, what is the action like with the flats on? :rolleyes: Id really like a bass to keep flats on...depends if I can create more room! lol

As to what Beedster mentioned...mabe his guitarist might want my amp..not sure yet.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='580834' date='Aug 26 2009, 12:00 AM']Cool cheers! Ill see if the girlf is up for a gig :)

Ill PM you if so.

PS....ill ask another Q on here in case others wanted to ask, what is the action like with the flats on? :rolleyes: Id really like a bass to keep flats on...depends if I can create more room! lol[/quote]
The action by my reckoning is medium/low 1.5mm at 3rd fret, 3mm at 12th, 3.5mm at 17th with TI Flats (which are quite low tension)