Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wal Basses

WalMan

Wal Bass MK I 1981 - Item number: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290159895214"]290159895214[/url][list]
[*]No picture
[*]Seller has no feedback and only registered in May 07
[*]it's in Orkney so presumably no collection
[*]payment by bank transfer
[/list]I think I'd be inclined to steer clear, or am I too cynical?

And then

Wal Custom bass guitar 1984 - Item number: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170150303638"]170150303638[/url] - BIN £2,199 - Start £1,999 :huh:

and it not in great nick, but he will trade for a Hohner headless (plus cash presumably unless prices on those have rocketed recently) :)

If the 5er - which I thought looked really nice & despite what others thought of the diddy pick guard could probably have lived with that IF I had that sort of cash floating around - couldn't even make £1,800 I rather think this may be being relisted next Spring

Actually there is no sublime, just ridiculous!! :wacko:

Edited by WalMan

1st one -- all the info is lifted completely verbatim from the Wal database... smells worse than a dead fish in the sun, if you ask me. Who the hell would describe their own bass as "it's [i]the[/i] PB1839" for god's sake?
2nd one looks kosher.

[quote name='Rich' post='62020' date='Sep 18 2007, 07:51 AM']1st one -- all the info is lifted completely verbatim from the Wal database... smells worse than a dead fish in the sun, if you ask me. Who the hell would describe their own bass as "it's [i]the[/i] PB1839" for god's sake?
2nd one looks kosher.[/quote]
Yup the second one looks OK, I am just not convinced the BIN & start prices are entirely realistic, but hey you never know

The first one is a wrong un (It's in music accessories for starters!) the second one may well make it's money in a month or two time but he'd be a fool to keep relisting ad nauseum. If he gives it a break and comes back when the Holiday Blues have passed then he may well get a reasonable offer; after all the finish can be sorted fairly cheaply without affecting the value and bog standard WAL's have made silly money in the last year or two.

[quote name='BB2000' post='62307' date='Sep 18 2007, 08:06 PM']I 'won' the auction for the first one. The arsehole ran the same auction (different user name) in the summer. Hopefully I've saved someone being fleeced, at the expense of an ebay strike.[/quote]
:) I was wondering at the level & number of bids. You got a bargain if its real.

As for the other, what do I know - other than the levels some have been reaching recently scares me :huh:

[quote name='WalMan' post='62319' date='Sep 18 2007, 08:35 PM']As for the other, what do I know - other than the levels some have been reaching recently scares me :huh:[/quote]

Just imagine what the prices will go to when Pete retires completely (he seems to be semi-retired now) or, God forbid, dies...?
:)