Why become a member? ×

bass amp advice

raptor

is this a good or bad amp for newbie?

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/White-Horse-BP80-Bass-Guitar-Amplifier/8J4"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...r-Amplifier/8J4[/url]

The White Horse BP80 bass amplifier combo provides the power and the sound shaping you need to produce great sounding bass tones for stage and studio.

The BP80 has just received a fantastic review in the December issue of Playmusic Pickup magazine

"Sculpting rock solid bass sounds isn't difficult to achieve and the tone produced by this amp is very robust"

It wasn't just the excellent sound on offer that impressed reviewer Tim Slater - "the BP80 is...available at an astoundingly low price"

Get your copy of Playmusic pickup free from all good newsagents and music stores now!

White Horse BP80 Bass Guitar Amp Features

Closed back cabinet design for a tightly controlled, powerful bass sound

Bright and boost switches for altering tone character and getting the best sound from your bass guitar

4 band EQ for sound sculpting with dedicated Bass, Low Mid, High Mid and Treble controls

Chorus effect with dedicated level control

Built in limiter with LED limiter and clip indicators

Headphone output for silent practice and a line out for direct connection to PA and recording gear

Tilt back cabinet allows for straight ahead or 45' orientations to better define your stage or studio sound

Custom designed and voiced high sensitivity 12" speaker ensures great bass tone

At the front end of this powerful bass amp, a custom designed high sensitivity 12" speaker and a high power analogue power amplifier section bring a deep, powerful bass guitar sound to bear. Meanwhile the black covered cabinet and brushed black aluminium faceplate ensure that this amp looks every bit as good as it sounds.

**White Horse BP80 Specifications **

Power Rating 80W RMS 4 Ohms

Speaker Custom designed and voiced high sensitivity 12"

Controls Gain, Master, Bright, Boost

EQ Controls Bass, Low Mid, High Mid and Treble

Built in limiter

LED Limit and clip indicators

Bass guitar Input 1/4"Jack

Auxilliary Input Phono L/R

Headphone Output 1/4" Jack

Line Out 1/4" Jack

Weight 18kg

Dimensions 480mm (W) ?360mm (D) ?515mm (H)

2 Year Warranty

WHITE HORSE IS A PREMIUM BRAND OF GEAR4MUSIC.COM

Yeah your right , its probably crap .
To be honest just a practice amp at home . I was also considering the ORANGE CR35B CRUSH 35 WATT BASS AMP.
as i used to have the 15w guitar version. it wasnt bad.

I'm nowhere near gig stage with the bass guitar. but on the other hand dont want a box of sh*te!
im a bit skint at moment(aren't we all). bridgend is miles away for me .

sorry to ask again , obviously with orange these are made elsewhere under license. And i was going to say if a brand name amp such as :

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=42"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=42[/url]

are they under license and therefore inferior to the more expensive namesakes.

its purely for home practise. as i get on id get a cabinet bass head and speakers etc.

just bought a cort c4 q

and im waiting to sell my washburn 6 string guitar for funds

[quote name='Musky' post='576108' date='Aug 20 2009, 09:30 PM']The Roland Cube, Ashdown Perfect 10, Line6 studio 110 or plenty of Peavey models all sell secondhand within your budget. They're all regularly recommended as practice amps, and something like a Peavey TKO would probably fine for a small gig.[/quote]

I've seen people gig with the Line6 Studio 110 through the PA as well - and it sounded great.

Raptor - keep checking the For Sale: Amp sub-forum below.

[quote name='raptor' post='577111' date='Aug 21 2009, 08:49 PM']hi so theres a trace elliott boxer for £35 on sale here . what are they like ?[/quote]

Definitely worth £35 IMO! It won't be loud but it's small, cheap and they sound pretty decent thanks to having just the right EQ to de-honk the natural tone.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='577173' date='Aug 21 2009, 10:49 PM']Definitely worth £35 IMO! It won't be loud but it's small, cheap and they sound pretty decent thanks to having just the right EQ to de-honk the natural tone.

Alex[/quote]

brilliant , its only for home use. so dont need a loud amp. plus a bit of nostalgia as i used to visit and ship stuff from their maldon factory .

Just wanted to add a little balance to this thread, but I am in no way disagreeing with anything anyone has said so far.
I've actually seen some White Horse gear in the flesh: our guitarist used their 120W modelling head / 2 1x12 cab package for rehearsals and gigs for 18 months or so. It does actually sound pretty good both live and recorded, but the build quality is best described as 'delicate'. The head is fairly sturdy, but he's had jack sockets fall out of cabs and suchlike. The cabs on this are a little odd, too: described as beng closed back on the website, they are in fact open back, but also have ports in the front baffle, like someone changed their mind! Anyway, long story short, he got GAS and bought Hiwatt gear instead! We're still using the White Horse set up as makeshift floor monitors though....

Hi guys i notiteced this one too :
bear in mind im not gigging (well only as singer). so its for home .

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49254"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49254[/url]
SWR LA12 12" 60W combo £120 *Price drop*, SWR goodness

• 8 years later...

I know this is old but I thought chuck my 2p's worth in

I have one of these - I bought one s/h for bass practice sessions.

It's not a well-known badge but it's OK, works well - surprisingly solidly made with black carpet covering. It's pretty hefty for a practice amp too and more than loud enough for my practice needs.

Mine has phono inputs direct to power amp which has actually proved very useful more than a few times (connecting mp3 player etc).

I'd recommend it ...

Edited by deBassMan