Why become a member? ×

Apple 17 Inch Powerbook

Hi everyone!

Its a sad day!!

Its come to that time where i would like to upgrade my Mac!

So here goes......

Apple 17 Inch Powerbook, G4, 1.33Ghz, 1Gig Ram, 80G hard drive, OS 10.5.8

its an excellent machine, its never let me down once! :)

cost me over £2000 a few years back

Im open to sensible offers (£500+ please)

or would possibly trade (+ maybe a little cash from me) for a New 08/09 Fender Jazz or P Bass

get in touch if your interested

Cheers

07974 317 284

im currently using a powerpc iMac with very similar spec to this, works great and imo is the best looking computer ever made :)

Notice you are running leopard on it, does it run well?? Im still running tiger, as i was wary of how leopard would perform sub 2gb ram...

Edited by Kev

[quote name='charic' post='584407' date='Aug 29 2009, 12:22 PM']Its a weird sensation isnt it? Im considering a MacMini just to hook into my tv at home[/quote]

Thats exactly what I did. Was going to use it as a media centre. Its now our main home computer.

Wireless keyboard and mouse on the coffee table, no sign of the computer anywhere and the internet on a 32" Samsung Series 3.

Love it.

[quote name='Kev' post='584421' date='Aug 29 2009, 12:43 PM']running leopard on it, does it run well?? Im still running tiger, as i was wary of how leopard would perform sub 2gb ram...[/quote]

Runs fine on anything over 512. More the better though.

:) so many replies all of a sudden! :rolleyes:

This mac is THE most stable computer ive ever had the pleasure to use! leopard runs brilliantly and everything just seems great!!

The one and only reason im having to sell it is because the newest version of Apple's recording/production software, Logic requires an Intel processor to run correctly! but thats it! everything else runs very smoothly indeed and i'll be really sad to see it go!