Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Before & After

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='579501' date='Aug 24 2009, 08:24 PM']That is awesome.[/quote]

Cheers, it's a beauty. Shuker neck - carbon reinforced, birdseye maple fingerboard, black binding. Hipshot Ultralights. Badass bridge w/ threaded saddles, Dimarzio ultrajazz pickups. 2xVol/Tone stack knobs, pickup switch.

Sounds huge and is solid as hell

Si

My USA P-bass. Before it was pretty ordinary. I bought it knowing I wanted the tort pickguard so it looked like Chris Hillman's in the early 70s. I added the ashtrays too and strung it with Rotosound Trubass to get more of a double bass sound. It's my only bass where I've left the pickup and not put a Seymour Duncan one in. Oh & the thumb rest is added too.

My 50s reissue is a different story. It was kept as stock for the first 10years. Tell a lie I replaced the nut to a bone nut around 1995. The pickguard was flipped over around that era too, maybe later. In the late 90s I added the ashtray covers (this was pre-EBay & I had to send a cheque to the US as there were no UK stockists). The thumb rest is actually a relic job courtesy of an old brillo pad! The pickup is a Seymour Duncan SPB=1. All the knocks and dinks are general wear and tear from gigging it like mad! It's also got copper tape inside as it was humming like mad. The bridge had some serious rust on the underside from my plectrum playing days but that's all cleaned up now

Fender MIJ JB75-US/LH, before:

After:

The previous owner had already added the black 3-ply pickguard and has had both the pickup cover and the bridge cover on it, but took them off before he sold the bass and sold them separately on eBay. I added the BadAss II, pickup cover and a set of Hipshot HB-2 tuners and a BT-2 D-tuner. It's an amazing workhorse and I play this bass a lot. I love it! I don't think I could ever sell it again.

Edited by LeftyJ