Why become a member? ×

Getting a DJ5.

dave_bass5

[quote name='Rich' post='638996' date='Oct 28 2009, 12:39 PM']Yes, and having played it at OG's place I love love love your DJ5 too. Absolutely gorgeous.[/quote]

LOL

Well I may yet be able to make it to the S. Wales Bash and if I can I'll bring it with me and if you're gonna be there, you can remake acquaintances with it.

Im still getting used to how deep this bass sounds. It works well with the 1212L but i need to use the EQ a bit more at some places as the low end can get a bit out of control on hollow stages (even with platfoam underneath) but it does fill out our sound a lot more than my previous basses.

At last nights gig i actually used the bridge pup on its own for one song. Its not as thin sounding as my HW1 Jazz so worked well. And i didn't get any RF buzzing either.

Bloody typical as ive got the NordyNj5FS arriving this week, maybe i didnt need it after all although im sure it will be a good match for the NP5.

Edited by dave_bass5

I think the DJ5 is finished at last.

I put the NJ5FS in last night (correctly i hope) and it sounds good. The whole bass now sounds different but still with that DJ deepness.
Not sure its my ideal tone and certainly not what i was aiming for but its a very good one anyway and i expect ill be using this bass for a long time to come (weeks at least).

Ive only played it through headphones in to Guitar rig so far but i sounds very solid. To me its now a lot more versatile although still not a true P tone.
Ive never really liked the tone of two Jazz pups on but liked the fullness they gave, now i love the tone of the two Nordys together. Still got that jazz growl but with a much bigger low end.
The NJ5FS seems to be a bit brighter than the Lakland, possibly a bit quieter but that should add more variety when blended in with the NJ5.
I had a bit of RF noise when i first put it all back together but that might have been the room i was in. When i hooked it up to the PC it was fine. Ill get around to shielding it all if i need to at some point but as they are both split coils i shouldn't need it.

Thanks for all the support and interest. For now im happy (assuming i dont get any humming or buzzing at the next gig) and skint.