Why become a member? ×

Dummy Pedal

peter6725

Hey guys, Im new here.

Recently I have gotten into effects and I have purchased around 300 euros worth.
My band are doing some home recording at the moment and my guitarist keep presuring me
to use my effect. Although I love messing around with effects at home I really don't want to use
them on a recording just for the sake of it.

I looked around the web for a pedal that for all intents and purposes does nothing alas to no avail!
So eventually my search led me here.

Im looking for a Pedal with a load of knobs and bright LED's so I can plug it in and my guitarist will
be happy!

If anyone can build me one of these I would be very happy and would pay for it aswell as any shipping charges

Thanks guys,

Peter

Go to the DHA section and check out his boxes, especially the overdrive types.

Choose the one with the most garish paint job and the largest number of lights, flick-switches, and stomp-switches.

Make sure it has TRUE BY-PASS ... I'm pretty sure that ALL of Dave's creations do that.

Buy it.

You'll now have an excellent, handmade valve-driven pedal which will really stand out from the crowd. Any time you don't want to "use it" when playing, just stomp the True By-pass.

Sorted.

[quote name='peter6725' post='556152' date='Jul 30 2009, 01:45 PM']Hey guys, Im new here.

Recently I have gotten into effects and I have purchased around 300 euros worth.
My band are doing some home recording at the moment and my guitarist keep presuring me
to use my effect. Although I love messing around with effects at home I really don't want to use
them on a recording just for the sake of it.

I looked around the web for a pedal that for all intents and purposes does nothing alas to no avail!
So eventually my search led me here.

Im looking for a Pedal with a load of knobs and bright LED's so I can plug it in and my guitarist will
be happy!

If anyone can build me one of these I would be very happy and would pay for it aswell as any shipping charges

Thanks guys,

Peter[/quote]

You may end up winning the contest of the weirdest pedal ever :)

Please send me a message/email. I should be able to do something for you.

'' haha sounds great have you not considered doing it yourself? you should just have one big knob labelled suck''

Yeah, I would do it myself but I don't have a clue about these sorts of things and would probably end up hurting myself!

Any suggestions as to what knobs to go on the pedal are welcome!

Tell your guitarist that you don't record with effects, they are added later on if necessary. That way the effect can be removed if it sounds wrong, or changed for another one.

Edited by ezbass

Well considering my guitarist calls me ''Bass Morello'' and he always gives out to me for using to many effects in the practice room, its just the one song that would not suit effects at all! just my bloody luck!

Oh and btw ''bass morello'' is the worst nickname ever...even if he rarely calls me it..its terrible!!

why dont you get a Boss Flanger? turn it so its not doing anything. Might suck a little tone tho but at least you can be seen to use it even if its not doing anything. Altho if you get the Boss Flanger your guitard will steal it from you. I havent seen mine in months lol.

'' There are lots of reasons to use effects pedals - and just as many not to.

I can even think of several reasons to own a dummy pedal.

None of the reasons above include 'because the guitarist wants me to'. Tell him to wind his neck in.''

It's not that my guitarist wants me to, it's that I want one. It's more so a joke to say 'Ok have it your way i'll use some effects!'
then whip out this thing!
Also I want my pedal board to be really cool looking in the dark!

[quote name='umph' post='557260' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:48 PM']a bit of DFA really brings your out in the mix[/quote]

Most sound engineers I know have a dedicated DFA fader. Perfect for when pretentious singers say things like "give me more 13k in my monitor" when they've already got a great mix.

maplin. buy a metal box, two jack sockets footswitch and however many knobs you want.

drill holes for knobs/switch, mount them.
drill hole for jack sockets, just wire them together
hey presto a effects box that does nothing at all.
stick a battery in there and have leds if you want too....

would be cheaper to tell the guitarist to p*** off though.