Why become a member? ×

Fender Lyte Sold--Sold --Sold

2x18

Up for sale is my Special Lightweight ( 7lbs ) Its a Japan fender Lyte body that has had a replacement neck fitted ( not Fender )

The neck is Maple with Black block markers and Truss rod adjustment ( that works fine ) is at the Heel.
It has a Fender Jazz Transfer but is more P-bass in profile.

It is fitted with good quality Schaller Licensed Tuners

There is a scratch/ file mark above the 3rd fret that I have tried to show in the photos!

The original pickups are fitted but they have been wired Passive with new Alpha Pots and a Paper in oil Capacitor and it sounds great.

The original active Electronics and wiring diagram will be included in the sale.

The body has been stripped and finished with several coats of Tru-Oil and then Beeswax polished
The bridge has been changed to a standard Fender type and it is currently strung with D,Addario EXL160s

[attachment=29972:DSCF1136.JPG][attachment=29967:DSCF1137.JPG][attachment=29968:DSCF1139.JPG][attach
ment=29969:DSCF1140.JPG][attachment=29970:DSCF1141.JPG][attachment=29971:DSCF1142.JPG]

Strictly Collect as I dont have a case or gig bag for this Bass and I would like potential buyers to try it out First

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='beerdragon' post='556480' date='Jul 30 2009, 07:34 PM']I like it, but i have never heard the Lyte being played so i haven't a clue what it sounds like. maybe the join in the body is putting people off.[/quote]
It sounds like a Typical P-bass but much more versatile with the bridge Jazz Pickup!

The body join seems to be emphasised in the photos for some reason!

Will.

[quote name='flip' post='556871' date='Jul 31 2009, 10:15 AM']Interesting!

Does the larger headstock and tuners add a bit more neck dive than the original neck though?[/quote]

Yes very slightly! A Badass 2 would balance it out nicely tho :)

Will.

[quote name='bythesea' post='557854' date='Aug 1 2009, 03:45 PM']Looks good (even with that join :) ) but I imagine the collection only severely limits the number of potential buyers.[/quote]

Yes agreed, but I dont have a case for it and I have had a bad experience with a boxed and bubblewrapped bass before.
Also I prefer any potential buyer to try it out First to ensure it suits them!

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='557864' date='Aug 1 2009, 03:57 PM']Yes agreed, but I dont have a case for it and I have had a bad experience with a boxed and bubblewrapped bass before.
Also I prefer any potential buyer to try it out First to ensure it suits them!

Will.[/quote]
Fairy nuff - good luck with the sale :)

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='558411' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:08 PM']Great price this, my first bass was a Lyte I always loved the weight and the original neck contour.[/quote]

Yep its very light and playable but I am using my Geddy Lee most of the time now!

Will.

[quote name='pal1972' post='558893' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:21 AM']would be interested but need to sell my westone thunder 1A first!!! anyone???????[/quote]

is that the one with the choice of active/passive and a coil tap? how much are you looking to sell it for? i wouldnt mind buying yours and then you can have the fender :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='558745' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:11 PM']Would you consider a trade for my missus? If I bought it she would leave me so trading just seems wise.[/quote]

:)

yeh its got single 'P' pickup with the active/passive switch and coil switch. its listed on here in the for sale section, was looking for £200 ideally

[quote name='sturm' post='558914' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:57 AM']is that the one with the choice of active/passive and a coil tap? how much are you looking to sell it for? i wouldnt mind buying yours and then you can have the fender :)[/quote]

youve been pm'ed

[quote name='pal1972' post='558973' date='Aug 3 2009, 08:52 AM']yeh its got single 'P' pickup with the active/passive switch and coil switch. its listed on here in the for sale section, was looking for £200 ideally[/quote]

[quote name='metaltime' post='558284' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:39 AM']Is this the model troy Sanders from mastodon used to use?[/quote]

I think that was a Fender Prophecy, but I may be wrong.

I'm still on the lookout an all original Lyte!