Why become a member? ×

Stingrayfan's Selection

stingrayfan

Just acquired a s/h Hartke LH500 head (cheers, Raggy) so here's my updated gig rig:

Hartke LH500

...with my Warwick 411 4-ohm 4x10 (600w).

...and with the G&L L2000 Tribute I use at most gigs. It's a great sounding bass, that's light and easy to play. Not really found anything to better it.

Also have a 1x15 Trace combo that I use for the smaller gigs. It's like this one (will take a proper photo, next time I wheel it out...)

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='budget bassist' post='552957' date='Jul 27 2009, 06:00 PM']sweet, how does that rig sound? thinking about one of those heads myself.[/quote]

First impressions are that it is very warm sounding; creamy almost. Haven't used it in anger yet though - will report back after a gig on Sat.

Edited by stingrayfan

Used mine in anger for the first time at a gig last weekend. Great tone and power through my 4x10. Best bass sound I've had in a long while, actually. Didn't have to do much tweaking to get it either - just boosted the treble a bit. Made the floor rumble and my trousers flap, which is all good. :)

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='559888' date='Aug 4 2009, 07:39 AM']Used mine in anger for the first time at a gig last weekend. Great tone and power through my 4x10. Best bass sound I've had in a long while, actually. Didn't have to do much tweaking to get it either - just boosted the treble a bit. Made the floor rumble and my trousers flap, which is all good. :)[/quote]
Nice to hear that. Im thinking of getting one and pairing it with 2 Eden Nemesis 2x10's

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='559888' date='Aug 4 2009, 07:39 AM']Used mine in anger for the first time at a gig last weekend. Great tone and power through my 4x10. Best bass sound I've had in a long while, actually. Didn't have to do much tweaking to get it either - just boosted the treble a bit. Made the floor rumble and my trousers flap, which is all good. :)[/quote]
Were you wearing flares by any chance? :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='danthewelshy' post='654729' date='Nov 14 2009, 06:39 PM']What case is that for the hartke? Nice basses, I love G&l

cheers[/quote]
Cheers - the G&L is brilliant.

The head's just in a wooden 2u rack. It's quite heavy duty (more than I need), so I was considering swapping it for a rack bag instead. PM me if you're interested in buying the case!

The cab's big and bulky but takes whatever you throw at it. With the Hartke head, it sounds great. Creamy, even. I used to have a Warwick head but found it a bit soul-less for me.

Going to gig the Barefaced Compact with the Hartke head in next couple of weeks, so will be interesting to see how that does. Much as I like the sound of the 4x10, it does take up a lot of room in the car and is a two man lift. If the compact can give me the same sound live, I might think about ditching the 4x10.

Edited by stingrayfan