Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sabre...

One of my local music shops has an old Musicman sabre
looks like [url="http://www.oldenburger-music-station.de/Music-Man-Sabre-Bass-1997.htm"]this[/url] more or less.
lovely anyway.

So looked at the prices folk were selling them on here for and they aren't far off basschat prices, £1299 I think.
anyway thought someone might be interested...

Live Music
40 West Crosscauseway
Edinburgh

0131 667 1904

they are a nice shop, i like them.

I've seen it, and i agree it looks like the pics you posted.

Didn't want to try it in case I found it impossible to part with it. I believe you know the feeling...

Live music is a very nice shop with very nice people, and often have unusual pieces for sale. I have bought quite a bit of kit from them.

I stopped by them after checking the P-Bass (that i later bought) out. They were fine with letting me give it a go, which is a rarity in Edinburgh! It was a nice bass, but i had made my mind up by then that i wanted the P-Bass, so i could never have realistically went for it.

The pawn shop on Queen street can sometimes have decent deals. Most of the time they're over priced, but i saw a Rick 4001 in there recently for £900.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='543908' date='Jul 18 2009, 12:08 PM']the rick was orignially £1400!

Which P bass was that you went for? It wasnt the white '57 RI in red dog was it?[/quote]

The natural '78 in Mev Taylors.

Yeah, it was either £900 or £1000, but certainly no more :) I went in, to ask if they still had it, and the guy was like you're the fourth person today, i guess we priced to sell. Poor bugger that pawned that eh.

this it? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-1980s-Music-Man-Sabre-Active-Bass_W0QQitemZ280373745312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item414793d6a0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-1980s-Music-Man...93%3A1|294%3A50[/url]

[quote name='TheButler' post='543900' date='Jul 18 2009, 12:00 PM']The pawn shop on Queen street can sometimes have decent deals. Most of the time they're over priced, but i saw a Rick 4001 in there recently for £900.[/quote]
I take it that's the burgundy 4001 that's been in the window since last year? I keep meaning to go in for a proper look, but even in the window you can see the action's shockingly high & the bridge appears to be at its lowest limit - presumably it's had the "neck joint flex" that 4001s can suffer from when strung with roundwounds. This is pretty much unfixable.

Jon.