Why become a member? ×

CANCELED.

Aussiephoenix

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='67823' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:08 PM']I didn't say anything about import taxes [b]apart from VAT which I know from experience is applied and I don't want to argue about i[/b]t, but i'll delete my previous posts to aid the sale of this bass.[/quote]
there's nothing to argue about. you're wrong. period. there's no extra VAT to be applied IF you're talking about transactions within the EU (that would be charging VAT twice!)

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='67851' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:52 PM']I was told that for instance you import an item via shipping from a county like Denmark which has a VAT of 25% that you had to pay the difference?[/quote]

Just clarify something. Above, you said you knew this stuff from experience. Now, you're saying that you were told this stuff. Which is it?

Regardless, as setekh said, you're wrong.

Thing is, I do know this stuff from experience. I've had around 15 basses sent down from the UK, and have sent around 10. I've also received basses from Germany. There was never any suggestion that any taxes had to be paid.

In contrast, I've received 3 basses from the US, and each time, I paid sales tax (VAT in the UK), duty, and customs clearance.

Can't you all just let the guy sell his bass.

If you want to make an offer make one.
If you think the price is wrong send a pm.
If you want to point out an error in the ad ( I don't see any - he's correct about the taxes) send a pm.
If you think the price is too high don't buy it - he'll either drop the price or not according to how quick he wants to sell it.

Picking fault like this in public is a pretty shoddy way to behave IMHO.

[quote name='ZPQ' post='67859' date='Sep 30 2007, 08:13 PM']Can't you all just let the guy sell his bass.

If you want to point out an error in the ad ( I don't see any - he's correct about the taxes) send a pm.
If you think the price is too high don't buy it - he'll either drop the price or not according to how quick he wants to sell it.

Picking fault like this in public is a pretty shoddy way to behave IMHO.[/quote]

I'll pm next time, I don't have much forum experience in terms of acceptable etiquette.

Posts deleted.

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='66783' date='Sep 28 2007, 10:34 AM']LAST PRICE for the MTD: 350 pound

(This includes bass, hardcase, and a recently done Setup including fretdress. )

P&P NOT included in this price, it will be around 80 pound +/-[/quote]Sounds like a good price, considering all the extras.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='67650' date='Sep 30 2007, 12:43 PM']i still personally think your askin too much, and the £80 or whatever shipping makes it a no go for me, n no doubt most people, if your offering a bass for sale in a different country to uk, you should pay that kinda shipping.

if not, put it on ebay[/quote]Why don't you read what you are getting for the price. I thought you you were interested in this bass. It seems that you don't want sellers to get a fair price.
BTW what would you have been using to power my cab with? I think your Torque amp may have been a bit under powered. Seems like you like to tyre kick!

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='ZPQ' post='67859' date='Sep 30 2007, 08:13 PM']Can't you all just let the guy sell his bass.

Picking fault like this in public is a pretty shoddy way to behave IMHO.[/quote]
+1 and I am sure we have been here before.

Jeeeesus... :)

Some people here have got to learn some forum ettiquete...

Either way, I guess I best just pull this sale as whatever chance I had of makin honest business here is gone... after reading half of what was posted here by people who had absolutely no interest in the sale other than just wanting to spoil it, I probably wouldnt buy it.

Oh well, its a great bass, and I'll just keep it rather than selling for a stupid price.

At least it wont be up for sale in this forum, not actively anyway. I might consider selling to the right people, and if you're interested you can send me a PM, [b]I might consider trades for something like a Fender P or J[/b].

As to those that were bringing the sale down, If you were uninterested in the bass, you shouldnt have posted.

If you were interested in the bass but just wanted to rock the boat to see if I'd drop it (stupid deal for me, great deal for you type thing), sorry, I dont play like that. :huh:

Either way, consider this topic closed.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

Im sorry to see this, worst thing ive seen so far on basschat so far folks, id expect it on another certain bass site but not this one :) how bout getting this thread deleted mate and starting afresh? Im sure a mod would be willing to help :huh: ps id still like to know how this sounds with a pick :huh:

Guys, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of consideration shown in this thread.

It's not like we haven't made polite requests in the past on this kind of conduct.

This kind of undermining affected the Dudepit IIRC and its put people right off using that forum to sell stuff. Lets not have the same happen here, eh? The classifieds are one of the first ways in which people encounter the site so its important that people find using the forum convenient, even if its a once only thing they may come back at some stage.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=SR&f=19"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=SR&f=19[/url]
Point three in the guidelines for selling covers undermining other sellers posts. Maybe we should make them a sticky if people aren't reading them?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='67893' date='Sep 30 2007, 09:28 PM']Sounds like a good price, considering all the extras.
Why don't you read what you are getting for the price. I thought you you were interested in this bass. It seems that you don't want sellers to get a fair price.
BTW what would you have been using to power my cab with? I think your Torque amp may have been a bit under powered. Seems like you like to tyre kick![/quote]

you have been pm'd