Why become a member? ×

Holy Trinity

DanOwens

[quote name='DanOwens' post='533899' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:34 PM']Which MIDI filter and delay exactly?

Dan[/quote]

It used to be a Peavey Spectrum Filter and a Peavey Bassfex (for the sync delay), but at the moment its an AdrenaLinn Mk1 (filter and/or delay) and a Bass Pod XT Pro (sync delay). I also have an Electrix MoFx which does sync delay, sync tremolo and sync flange, but that's normally used on the guitar.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='534773' date='Jul 7 2009, 03:20 PM']It used to be a Peavey Spectrum Filter and a Peavey Bassfex (for the sync delay), but at the moment its an AdrenaLinn Mk1 (filter and/or delay) and a Bass Pod XT Pro (sync delay). I also have an Electrix MoFx which does sync delay, sync tremolo and sync flange, but that's normally used on the guitar.[/quote]

You have great taste in effects. I'm currently rocking an Adrenalinn II for synced filters. I'll post up my pics when the effects rig is done. I'll check the peavey stuff out.

Dan

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='533519' date='Jul 6 2009, 08:50 AM']Does the Option 5 actually work well with bass?

I thought it was a guitar effect that could also work with keyboards.[/quote]

Works brilliantly. Slow mode is very subtle, like a mixture of trem/chorus/flanger/phaser/univibe, fast mode is much more throbby but sounds very much like an authentic leslie. Check out Led Zep's Heartbreaker, it can sound pretty much just like that!

The Peavey stuff is all pretty old now and almost definitely discontinued. The Bassfex while excellent for it's time, with massively versatile signal routing within its effects (you have to be super careful with the gain structure as you pass the signal from one block to the next though) and plenty of useful sounds, can't really compete with the BassPod when it comes to idiot-free ease of use.

The Spectrum Filter is a completely different beast - allegedly a MiniMoog VCF + VCA in a 1U rack with individual ADSR controls for both the VCF and VCA and three inputs each with their own level control and an envelope follower on one of them. 100 programable memories, and all the parameters have their own knob plus they're all accessible via MIDI CC commands. It might not have a place in my bass rack any more, but it's likely to be part of my studio for ever!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DanOwens' post='534498' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:59 AM']I'm liking the fact that nearly everyone likes a bit of dirt!!

Dan[/quote]
Dirt is an essential really. ATM I use a PODXT, but on it I use:

Amp sim
Fuzz
Wah

Mainly. On my own I use an auto-wah patch loads. And I have a sweep filter, but again I just play with that on my own. Live, I use just a (uncompressed) clean or gated fuzz.

[quote name='DanOwens' post='545178' date='Jul 20 2009, 11:05 AM']Punch Factory and an Expander? I bet that sounds immense!!

Dan[/quote]

The Xpander doesnt get a lot of use as it can make everything sound very samey. Punch factory and DHA is a great mixture but i want to try the DHA compressor next. The punch factory is so simple to use and almost impossible to get a bad sound out of. I prefer 'subtle' and dont do 'boutique' but if the xpander goes id put a Digitech X-BSW in there :)

Edited by Spartacus

[quote name='Spartacus' post='546031' date='Jul 21 2009, 09:24 AM']The Xpander doesnt get a lot of use as it can make everything sound very samey. Punch factory and DHA is a great mixture but i want to try the DHA compressor next. The punch factory is so simple to use and almost impossible to get a bad sound out of. I prefer 'subtle' and dont do 'boutique' but if the xpander goes id put a Digitech X-BSW in there :)[/quote]

Samey how? For session stuff I'd love a pedal that makes my amazing basses sound less personal. Is that what you mean?

Dan

[quote name='DanOwens' post='546076' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:09 AM']Samey how? For session stuff I'd love a pedal that makes my amazing basses sound less personal. Is that what you mean?

Dan[/quote]

Yeh i find it takes away of lot of the individuality of each bass.