Why become a member? ×

Anyone see Jon Shuker in the paper?

Finbar

Caught a glimpse of a Jon Shuker article in the Sheffield Star the other day (so obviously the majority of you won't have seen it, not living in Sheffield), but I didn't have any pennies to pick it up with. Just wondering if anyone had a scan? Might have one or two interesting things in maybe? :)

This? [url="http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/SMITH-OF-THE-STAR-Stranglers.5422700.jp"]http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/SMITH-OF...lers.5422700.jp[/url]

And this. [url="http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/SMITH-OF-THE-STAR-Ace.5422685.jp"]http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/SMITH-OF...-Ace.5422685.jp[/url]

Edited by beerdragon

why would they write about him now? anyone know? JJ Burnell and the dude from kaiser cheifs have been playing his guitars a while now, haven't they? jons not brought out anything new. perhaps its just a slow week, i mean, the general public dont really care about whos bass is made by who.

Edited by Tait

[quote name='Tait' post='531874' date='Jul 3 2009, 05:49 PM']why would they write about him now? anyone know? JJ Burnell and the dude from kaiser cheifs have been playing his guitars a while now, haven't they? jons not brought out anything new. perhaps its just a slow week, i mean, the general public dont really care about whos bass is made by who.[/quote]

Well, I guess it doesn't matter *when* they write about Jon, but to be honest, it's about time! Jon is one of Bass Player's little treasures that deserves to be 'out there'

[quote name='dood' post='531907' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:41 PM']Jon is one of Bass Player's little treasures that deserves to be 'out there'[/quote]

+1.

Particularly pleased to see Jon say "I don't want to devalue the brand by going mass market, Making high quality bass guitars is what I started doing and that's what I want to continue to do."

Amen to that!

Edited by simon1964

I think the Kaiser Chiefs bass is a fairly new development, and certainly more relevant to people who buy the Star than JJ Burnel I should think.

But yeh, why need a reason like that to do an article about Jon? If he secures things like this and the TV interview he had before for a bit of extra publicity, I can't blame him :)

At least they let him wear a Shuker t-shirt this time - the TV interview people said he had to take it off as it was too much advertising apparently!

"After university, I went to work for Midland Bank for three years on their computers "

"We make a comfortable, average living and I've never had to borrow any money from the bank."

hummmmmm :rolleyes: :)
Nah, he'd be living in the carribean ...

[quote name='Tait' post='531874' date='Jul 3 2009, 05:49 PM']why would they write about him now? anyone know? JJ Burnell and the dude from kaiser cheifs have been playing his guitars a while now, haven't they? jons not brought out anything new. perhaps its just a slow week, i mean, the general public dont really care about whos bass is made by who.[/quote]

You have much to learn about the ways of marketing, Young Jedi.

This is a local successful business with international market making a decent living in the toughest recession for decades.
Yeah, that's news.

[quote name='Clarky' post='531927' date='Jul 3 2009, 07:21 PM']My JJB only took 3 months :) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

To be fair, it is essentially a standard Precision as opposed to all of his other Singlecuts and super Jazzes.

[quote name='Finbar' post='531958' date='Jul 3 2009, 07:58 PM']But yeh, why need a reason like that to do an article about Jon? If he secures things like this and the TV interview he had before for a bit of extra publicity, I can't blame him :)[/quote]

I never saw that - what channel was it on, and is it online?

[quote name='Mikey R' post='532128' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:13 PM']I never saw that - what channel was it on, and is it online?[/quote]
Was on Calendar local news on ITV. Maybe getting on for a year ago? There was a link for it, but I reckon it will have expire by now.

It was basically some woman pretending to build a bass XD

[quote name='Finbar' post='531958' date='Jul 3 2009, 07:58 PM']I think the Kaiser Chiefs bass is a fairly new development, and certainly more relevant to people who buy the Star than JJ Burnel I should think.[/quote]

Not for those us above a certain age, I fear!!