Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

pram_01

I'm selling my Lakland Joe Osborn 5 string - I love the way it plays with a very comfortable low action but - for some reason - I believe that I am not a jazz bass person.

I'd say it is in 10/10 condition as it was bought in Feb and it's never been gigged.

£800 collected or + delivery (comes with a hiscox hard case in excelent condition).

The only basses I am in interested are: Stingray 5 or a Lakland 55-02. Obviously, I would be willing to trade my bass for basses in a similar condition than mine.

Edited by pram_01

Sad to hear your selling mate, i love my JO5. I don't think love or money would get me to part-these are truly great jazz bass IMO! Does yours have the Lindy pick ups? I think Lindy's are great. Good luck with the sale. :)

Thanks Rasta! It is indeed a great bass. Don't know why but I've always been a P bass person. Tried to change for a bit but it didn't work. It's just a personal preference. I've played also a couple of SR5's that I really liked. Re the PUs, I am not entirely sure but I think they are the new lakkie ones but they do have a nice tone.

Damn, damn and damn with small furry knobs on!!!!!

Just when I thought I was free of all GASeous attacks..... This turns up!!

It is a thing of beauty and I'm out of cash....:)

If I can sell a couple of PBs and some Warwicks and it's still around.....

Good luck with the sale otherwise...

(Love my Lakkies to bits and this would fit in very, very nicely....)

Being the previous owner of Rasta's lake placid blue JO5, I think there's every chance that if it'd been a natural one I would still own it. I just didn't really get on with the finish (strange how a colour can turn you off a bass despite the sound) and I'm a sucker for naturals (like my Marcus Miller and Stingray). Great sounding basses.

Thanks guys! I really love natural finishes too. I agree with Thunderthumbs when he says that a colour can turn you off a bass despite the sound. I have been offered a trade but I don't like the colour of the bass that I was offered. So this one is still for sale/possible trade....

[quote name='pram_01' post='531666' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:40 PM']The only trades I would be interested are: USA fender P5, Stingray 5 or maybe a Lakland 55-02.[/quote]
Interested to know why you'd swap for a 55-02 ... not because I have one I want to swap, but because it sounds like you know how they'd compare tonally.

Andy

Thanks for your reply BigBeatNut! Well, the 55-02 is not on the top of my list. But, as you might known, it comes with a hum like PU and a J like PU. I prefer the tonal possibilities of these 2 PU's rather than the ones of the straight j basses such as the JO5 and the DJ5. However, it is important to mention that this is personal preference. A lot of people would disagree with me and this is fine.

Thanks for the comments! I've just rejected another trade offer. I'd like to mention that I would prefer to trade this bass for basses in a similar condition than mine. I am not a good photographer but this bass is totally in "as new" condition, probably the same as if it was in a store.

[quote name='pram_01' post='537021' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:03 AM']Thanks again for those who have made offers. Keep them coming. If I don't sell this bass by next week I might either go to ebay or accept one offer that I had for bass in a finish that I am not crazy about.[/quote]

your making this week very hard for me ;-).
Im not cracking yet but have thought about it.

Good luck.