Why become a member? ×

Reverend Rumblefish PJ + Frankenfender + Parts

tanuki

These basses are now for sale, financial woe meens i can no longer hang about so im offering these here on their way to evilbay..

1 - Reverend Rumblefish PJ -750 ono

This is a great bass, they are becoming increasingly sought after these days and rare on these shores.. This is a black early model that has been changed to a P/J By the addition of a G&L SB precision pickup, i also added a series/ parrallel pull / push pot on the volume to get the great fat sound that the XL series became known for, it comes with a spare pickguard and the original removed Jazz pickup so you can change it back into a J/J configuration..

2 - Fender Darkstar Franken P -750

A black fender p body (60;s refin) with a 1972 jazz neck (the rare maple / black blocks and binding version) the neck has been defretted and refretted. The pickup is a darkstar, a great sounding pickup with amazing dynamic range, search threads on here or talkbass for details.. The Bass is currently fitted with a Hipshot/Graphtec Ghost Bridge and the midi hexpander so its fully wired for GK midi but i will likely remove these and sell separately... Everyone who plays this bass loves the slim and comfortable neck, not only does the darkstar sound great but the midi stuff drives a Vbass system like no other, you can also buy a curcuit that makes use of the pzetso bridge.. the photo above show the bass with midi stuff fitted, without it looks more like this,,

3 - Fender 1975 precision neck, rosewood 350

Great condition, a nice slab of rosewood, really great to play, tuners not included.

4 - Fender 1977 precison body, fully loaded 250

A stripped fender body with some routing that is covered by a pickguard, loaded with a wizard thumper precision pickup and a wizard '84 jazz pickup, anodised gold pickguard..

Get in touch if you have any interest in these,

Edited by tanuki

[quote name='tanuki' post='530501' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:35 PM']bump for pics and prices, yeah, that is the one in waghorns! And someone but joes sabre cos id love him to have it!![/quote]

Yes, someone! This is enough to make me sure about selling it. You're not interested in the Sabre as p/x then? Welcome to come over to have a play, think you're only round the corner aren't you?

its difficult to prove obviously but it is an original 60's body that has been refinished black, this franken p was put together in the netherlands in about 1975, i got it from the original owner and added the darkstar, replaced the electronics (it came with some kind of "q-filter" electronics that are popular with country guitarists to thin out the sound, obviously it had no right being on a bass!)

As to the sabre, im not sure, ive had a few musicmans over the years but ended my love afair after a pretty dissapointing sounding sterling!

Cool, sounds interesting. Well I've had some interest but it's still here so just drop me a line if you fancy a play on it. I don;t think it's very comparable with modern Ernie Ball basses really. Totally different feel and sound. The neck is particularly gorgeous on this one in my opinion.