Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aguilar GS112 **SOLD**

Dood

Hey everyone!

Well, you all know what these are! Aguilar GS112

Between myself and Smash, who bought this cab new, I can confirm that it has never been used in anger or gigged. It has only left the house a handful of times as I bought it to use for writing sessions when I travel away. But to be honest it has sat in my cupboard doing nothing. - I'm having an Anti-GAS moment and witlessley selling it on the spur of the moment.

I *may* change my mind if I run it up tonight and love it still too much.. but.. if it goes, it goes! lol. If you really want pictures I can send them.. but it really doesnt look any different from ^^^^^^^^^ that one ;o)!

Lemme go see what the going rate for one of these is and I will post back in a bit.

[quote]GS 112

The portable GS 112 combines full lows, “growly”mids, and a smooth top end with an impressive amount of volume to make one of the most popular cabinets on the market. When the GS 112 was released it not only won awards and magazine product “shootouts” but it changed the way bass players think of 12” speakers. Fatter sounding than 10” speakers and quicker responding than 15” speakers, this cabinet has found a home in all styles of music.

Specs

One 12" cast frame woofer, 56 oz. magnet

Power handling: 300 watts

Impedance: 8 ohms

Phenolic tweeter with integral phase plug

Custom crossover with variable tweeter control

One Neutrik Speakon and two 1/4" inputs

Frequency response: 42 Hz to 16 kHz

Sensitivity: 95 DB 1W 1M

Heavy-duty spring loaded handle

Interlocking corners

Dimensions: 14"H x 19"W x 18"D

7-ply, void free Philippine mahogany

Weight: 42 lbs.[/quote]

Just adding a thumbs up for these cabs. I used one of my GS112's last night in a loud rehearsal with Chainsaw for the first time.

I used a passive Fender five string jazz and a Shuttle 6.0 with just one GS112 and it was awsome. Great sound and more than loud enough.

Thank you! Yes, I am very impressed with the GS112 cabs. It will be a shame to let it go! Alas.. I'm sure I can find other toys for my shopping list!!

edited first post for clarity - and reitterate [quote]Looks like Bass Merchant are chucking out new ones for £355, So will entertain £285+P&P - PM for details.[/quote]

[quote name='Musicman20' post='530850' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:44 PM']As if this is still unsold! It should have gone mega quick! Yet another cab like the HS410 that I thought would get snapped up.

Good luck mate...it'll get snapped up soon.[/quote]

I personally think you should hang onto it as they're great cabs - buy an NT as an extension and have a great gigging rig.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='530850' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:44 PM']As if this is still unsold! It should have gone mega quick! Yet another cab like the HS410 that I thought would get snapped up.

Good luck mate...it'll get snapped up soon.[/quote]

[quote name='Rowbee' post='530977' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:32 PM']I personally think you should hang onto it as they're great cabs - buy an NT as an extension and have a great gigging rig.[/quote]

Hey guys! Thanks for the comments.. I know that two GS112's are pretty damn amazing, but I have an Epifani UL-610 for my every gigging backline requirement, so I dont think the GS112 would ever make it to a venue!

[quote name='dood' post='531198' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:41 PM']Hey guys! Thanks for the comments.. I know that two GS112's are pretty damn amazing, but I have an Epifani UL-610 for my every gigging backline requirement, so I dont think the GS112 would ever make it to a venue![/quote]

Then someone should buy it and then buy an NT cab. :)

Not to put anyone off buying this but, why don't you sell your Epifani cab and get another GS112? I had two and loved them. Heartbreak to sell them, and only did because I also have two Epifani UL112's. I honestly never had a gig that two 12's couldn't cope with (within reason).

Still, having said all that - SOMEONE BUY THIS CAB - IT'S A BARGAIN AND A BLOODY GREAT CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh Thanks Gareth ;o) I appreciate the post.. Well, the reason why the small cab goes over the large one, is that I will be needing enough oomph to contend with Pin ex-Sikth, Jamie Hunt ex-Biomechanical and Thomas Lang on drums ... I'm getting the feeling that I may need a bit MORE volume lol!!! We're gonna tour when the album is written and ready, so I'll be relying on something that can produce the goods for backline absolutely anywhere.

Yes, it'd be great to run a couple of GS112's.. Infact, I have a soft spot for two GS212's that I tried a long time ago... I loved them!!