Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best way to store your Bass

daveski

Could anyone please give me some advice on storing basses that are not regularly used.

I have a couple of basses that i'm not using at the moment and was wondering if i should just pop them in their cases and shove them straight under the bed, should i ease the string tension a bit, store them vertically rather than horizontally? As this is the first time i have done this i really have no idea and any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Dave

Mount them on a wall hangar in your room; away from direct heat (radiators, fires etc) or draughts (right next to an external door or draughty window) and they'll be fine... 20+ years experience of storing them that way and no mishaps/issues! Helps that I have an understanding wife. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='527937' date='Jun 29 2009, 05:52 PM']Mount them on a wall hangar in your room; away from direct heat (radiators, fires etc) or draughts (right next to an external door or draughty window) and they'll be fine... 20+ years experience of storing them that way and no mishaps/issues! Helps that I have an understanding wife. :)[/quote]

+1

plus keep them out of direct sunlight if you dont want the colour to fade.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='527952' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:07 PM']+1

plus keep them out of direct sunlight if you dont want the colour to fade.[/quote]

I forgot that point! :)

A minor point of note is that natural/waxed basses will darken in colour if in some natural light, though you have to watch it isn't direct mid-afternoon heat/light. :rolleyes: