Why become a member? ×

Another Shuker!!!

TG Flatline

[quote name='TheButler' post='670889' date='Dec 1 2009, 11:27 AM']How does the payment work out with Jon? I'm guessing he won't need one lump sum, but you could pay him a few hunner a month?[/quote]
For me I paid the 40% deposit which was what he said was his normal request to get things started. I then told him that I'd be paying him a little each month to spread the cost rather than paying the balance at the end (this was to help me budget for it as I couldn't guarantee that I'd save the money and not spend it on a TC Electronic Rebelhead :) ).

I've only got £100 left to pay, but I'm keeping that back until completion just on principle.

Yeah the stock page is looking pretty sweet at the minute!!! Didn't know he'd turned 40, I shall double his jammy dodgers payment. Haha!

I paid the 40% deposit and have been throwing him bits and bobs as and when I've had the cash, I've a little over £500 left to go but have been silly busy with gigs, work and uni so haven't been to his workshop for ages!

Soon it shall be mine!
Maybe. Haha!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='eude' post='670909' date='Dec 1 2009, 11:46 AM']How's your latest project coming along Si?... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Any minute now, aparrently :)
Should be in one piece very soon. It has to hang for a week for settling.
Should be here for my gig on the 30th, I am told.
:lol:

• 2 months later...

I was at Jon's today picking up the green Jazz that's on his stock page... now in my spare room.. hee hee.... Anyway Jon was working on your Explorer, and whilst I didn't get to inspect it in minute detail it did look very sweet indeed. The set neck looks an absolute peach of a job, and although I'm not much of an expert in bass builds it's didn't look far off to me.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='peted' post='782737' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:02 PM']I too was at Jon's workshop for about 5 minutes this afternoon and this bass was on his workbench looking very shiney and lovely indeed.[/quote]

Cheers fella, this is now complete and I'm just waiting on Jon for a time I can go and get it. I will have a look out for where yours is at and let you know :)

I picked this up tonight :) :rolleyes: :lol: it's amazing! Worth the wait completely!!! I'll get some photos up tomorrow once I've wiped it clean again....
Whilst I was in there I also saw the "none more orange" jazz, the white precision, the fanned fret 6 (gorgeous!!!), and a couple of others and they are all looking super sweet so I hope you all get them very very soon!!!

[quote name='TG Flatline' post='796038' date='Apr 4 2010, 09:37 PM']"none more orange" jazz[/quote]

That's mine, not seen a picture of it for a long time, but I am sure its not that far off being done, whether I have any money by the time it is finished is another matter, haha.

I foolishly forgot to take any pictures of the neck carve, which is pure sex. It's a joy to play, slight neck dive but I always knew there would be, but it doesn't drop past an even keel (if that makes sense?!) so is nay a problem! LED's were definitely the way to go, and it sounds mint. My wife hasn't seen me much these last few days.....

A video will be up soon with this thing in, and I am also touring at the minute so once the hardcase arrives I will be gigging the balls off of it!!! Cheap plug for the tour? Why not.... :)

24th March - The Maze, Nottingham
26th March - Snooty Fox, Wakefield
27th March - Man On The Moon, Cambridge
31st March - West Street Live, Sheffield
1st April - Grand Central, Manchester
2nd April - Dickens, Rotherham
5th April - The Rigger, Newcastle-under-Lyme
7th April - Sharkey’s, Hull
8th April - The King Billy, Northhampton
9th April - Town Mill, Mansfield
10th April - Frog and Nightgown, Worksop
14th April - Whittles, Oldham