Why become a member? ×

What to do!

thedontcarebear

I really want a fretless, I just got 2 "new" basses, a Warmoth Jazz and an American ash bodied Fender Precision. Should I get a fretless neck and turn one of them into a fretless, or sell them, even though I just got them and get an awesome fretless, or just buy a cheap fretless next month when I have the cash? Or offer one for trade in return for a fretless?

All depends on how serious you are about playing fretless. If fretless is the way you wanto to go, sell both and buy a serious fretless bass. If you are just looking into it, buy a chaep one and keep the Warmoth and Precision. If you don't need both (Warmoth and Precison) but do like the sound make the Warmoth your fretless.

Buy a Fender fit fretless neck on ebay, it should fit either bass (if they're the basses I think they are). I've a fretless Jazz and a fretless Precision, rounds and J-Retro on the jazz make it a very lively bass, La Bella deep talkers on the Precision makes it thumpy and uprighty. Fretless is many things and you might need to try a few options to find your fretless tone
Chris

I need to get along to the post office as they have a Mighty Mite neck fretless neck waiting for me.

I'm going to be putting it on my Warmoth SCPB. I will be using this as my sole bass and then probably selling the squier VM fretless Jazz that I have been using solely for the last couple of gigs - and will be using tonight

They are good necks - I've had one before. If I finally decide to go permanently fretless I may get a Warmoth one made but the Warmoth ones are pretty chunky

Edited by Delberthot