Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN*Gallien Krueger MB150S For Sale*WITHDRAWN*

Hey All -

Up for sale is my Gallien Krueger MB150S Combo. I bought this amp in January of this year and have only used it to play along side one acoustic guitar player - in other words it's in near perfect condition. It is actually in perfect condition, having been carried in a padded gig bag since day one. Brand new these are going for between £586-649. I'm selling this 6 month old amp for £400 (including the £40 gig bag) plus postage. Postage should be about £30-ish. You're welcome to source your own courier.

Here's the guff from GK:

longtime favorite for session bassists such as Leland Sklar, Charlie Haden, Ron Carter and Jimmy Earl, the Gallien-Krueger MB150S-III/112 remains the industry standard for high quality compact bass amplification in and out of the studio.

The Gallien-Krueger MB150S-III/112 improves on its predecessor with improved signal to noise ratio (-90dB) and much cooler operation. With its sturdy welded aluminum chassis, the Gallien-Krueger MB150S-III/112 is equally at home on the road, or in the studio.

Gallien-Krueger MB150S-III/112 main features include:

POWER <1% THD: 100W (150W with Extension Cabinet)
COOLING: Convection
INPUT SECTION: 1/4" Jack, -14dB Pad and Volume
VOICING FILTER: Low Cut, Adjustable Contour and High Boost
EQUALIZER: Active Four-Band
OUTPUT: Master and Limiter (Switch, Level and LED)
DIRECT OUT: XLR Pre/Left, XLR Post/Right and Ground Lift.
PATCHING: Send, Return, Line Out, Aux In and Head Phone.
SPEAKER OUTPUT: Two 1/4" jacks and Speaker Switch.
WOOFER: 1xGK-Paragon 12LB150-8 Stamped Frame, 12", 100W Low Resonance Suspension
CONSTRUCTION: 0.1" Aluminum Chassis, 18 Gauge Steel Grill, Heat Sink Top Cover and Mic Stand Mountable
WEIGHT: 26 lbs
DIMENSIONS: 13.5"W x 16"H x 8.5"D

Do excuse my dodgy photos - camera is sucking somewhat, but you can see that's there's no marks at all on the amp.

[attachment=27226:DSCF1298.JPG][attachment=27227:DSCF1300.JPG]

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Guest subaudio

Great combos these, if I wouldnt have just bought a Genz Benz I would have snapped this up, great price, great combo, good luck with the sale mate.

Hi there I got one of these... you tend to wonder how they'll cope ..I use a Stingray5 fretted and a GB Rumour 6 Fretless at rehearsals with drums and acoustic through a PA and Guitar albeit through a Peavey mini combo.. I 've also used it for live BBC sessions and they were happy as it's a known Industry standard..... I paid more second hand and mine did not have a bag.... and I think I got a good deal..someone buy it .. actually take your Bass ad try it first then it's a no brainer.... good luck with the sale man .

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='maidensprayer' post='555214' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:31 PM']This is just what I am looking for to use with my upright on stage,,is it still for sale? I live in Maine,,,bass player for the misty mountaineers, You can check us out on youtube. I am excited to hear back from you. Thans Dotty[/quote]

Hey Dotty -

Thanks for checking the amp out - but I'm guessing that shipping this amp to Maine would get mighty expensive. But if you want to do it send me a PM.