Why become a member? ×

D.A.M. Ezekiel 25:17 Cost?

Smash

Hi, a few years back I bought the above pedal and was wondering how much they go for now 2nd hand. I am not sure if I should keep hold of it or not as it hasn't made my pedal board for over a year but trying to find one was like hens teeth, any ideas?

[quote name='joegarcia' post='515159' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:07 PM']I have a feeling they go for silly amounts though. :)[/quote]
All D*A*M stuff does: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130310901973"]check out a recent one[/url]. And that was only a 24hr auction! :rolleyes:

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='515341' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:58 PM']All D*A*M stuff does: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130310901973"]check out a recent one[/url]. And that was only a 24hr auction! :)[/quote]
That is a joke right, who in their right mind would pay that for a pedal!

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='515343' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:59 PM']They're quite sought after, grygrx of bassfuzz.com seems to be loving d*a*m gear at the moment, and they seem to be the flavour of the month on talkbass, so you could probably get quite a bit for it[/quote]
Absolutely. Make sure it's available to US bidders, and you'll probably rake it in on eBay.

[quote name='Smash' post='515345' date='Jun 16 2009, 03:03 PM']That is a joke right, who in their right mind would pay that for a pedal![/quote]
Indeed. Starting price of £66.66, and was up to £301 within half an hour. Absolutely bonkers.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='515343' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:59 PM']They're quite sought after, grygrx of bassfuzz.com seems to be loving d*a*m gear at the moment, and they seem to be the flavour of the month on talkbass, so you could probably get quite a bit for it[/quote]
they are really well made pedals, don't know if there THAT well made that they're worth 860 pounds though ;p

to the o/p any chance of some gut shots of the board etc? pretty pleasssssse

If anyone actually wants a 1965 RI Copper Tone Bender, there's a limited edition batch of 250 out of Italy, and one is in the window of the shop Formerly-Known-As-Andys in Denmark Street.

They want £295 for it.

Compared to the £860 on this thread, that seems quite reasonable.

Well today I just got the pedal out to see what this thing could be capable of and I couldn't believe I hadn't put this on the board, it will now take pride of place and will not be sold at any cost, I realised 3 years ago I bought around 50 different distortion pedals and this one was my favourite but as I was travelling light the past few years the pedal board only had a Bass-Drive and this has been sitting in a case. The sounds are really very different on the front 4 selectable patches, from a Fulltone Bass-Drive to a Woolly Mammoth sound, it really is very versatile and now have my perfect set up.

a Bad Pic below of the inside

• 11 months later...

I am the last person that wants to comments other people work but I am genuinely curious about it. Just to be sure I understand... ~£300 for this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27485"][/url]

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='871064' date='Jun 18 2010, 07:26 PM']I am the last person that wants to comments other people work but I am genuinely curious about it. Just to be sure I understand... ~£300 for this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27485"][/url][/quote]

+100000000000 :)

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='871064' date='Jun 18 2010, 07:26 PM']I am the last person that wants to comments other people work but I am genuinely curious about it. Just to be sure I understand... ~£300 for this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27485"][/url][/quote]

Don't be silly, what's that 20 - 30 quids worth? The rest is on the paint job, obviously.

I can't really talk though, I'm guilty of spending silly money on a pedal.

Nobody can argue with supply and demand. It'd be a different story if they were priced at £300 and not selling! They definitely sell, and they sell very well as far as I can see.

People shouldn't be bashing David Main, but the people that pay the big money for them. Main's making the most of his market, I'm sure it's not him that determines the resale value of his pedals.

I've never played a D*A*M pedal but I can't see people paying that amount for a pedal that doesn't sound good. I'm sure they're great pedals, credit where it's due!

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I though that £300 is an unreasonable sum to pay for the pedal in the photo - it wasn't my intention. Personally, I have no problems if a D*A*M pedal sells for £300 or £3000. As I said, I was simply curious about it.

Moreover, strictly from the bass player viewpoint I have no way to judge - I never tried any D*A*M pedal.

I sold it in the end as someone from the States wanted it so bad they paid me £350 for it, I love the pedal but found a modded Rat to emulate most of the tones, but I do miss it, wished someone would do something similar for a cheaper price.