Why become a member? ×

New old Bass day

Lorne

Ok,it's chipped to hell,has a broken truss rod,big frontbow with a slight twist,but when (LONG time),It's fixed,it's gonna be killer,been wanting a USA one of these for just about ever,It only just made it through shipping size restrictions and I need to have a Flight case made for it

Yes I have the Trem arm,truss rod cover and there are no strings on it until it gets repaired and resprayed (Probably trans blue)

Notice anything missing?

Thats amazing lorne!

I bet your tech is going nuts just thinking about trying to sort it all out though, i really feel for him considering the projects you have brought him in recent years!

Seriously, that is just gorgeous, would love to take it off your hands! Whilst i may not have a BCR, my love for an ironbird has not diminished :)

Rob.

EDIT: Pm me if your selling any of your current brood :rolleyes::lol:

[quote name='Shockwave' post='511762' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:38 AM']Thats amazing lorne!

I bet your tech is going nuts just thinking about trying to sort it all out though, i really feel for him considering the projects you have brought him in recent years!

Seriously, that is just gorgeous, would love to take it off your hands! Whilst i may not have a BCR, my love for an ironbird has not diminished :)

Rob.

EDIT: Pm me if your selling any of your current brood :rolleyes::D[/quote]

Thanks Bro,but They're all staying

My Warlock is at my friend's house having it's neck fixed,the 1994 Widow is with Chris Eccleshall and he's not happy about it,once he's finished,the Ironbird will head his way,which will make him even more unhappy :lol:

[quote name='RhysP' post='514701' date='Jun 15 2009, 08:30 PM']WOW!
You've got some awesome old Rich's there. That flame maple Mockingbird looks stunning.[/quote]

Thanks,both my Mockingbirds were given to me (By different people),the Quilted Maple one is a 1981 bass and came from my friend in Poland

Please ignor the NJ Ironbird,I sold the body,and the NJ White Warlock,I gave that away to someone (But I do have a snakeskin version) :)

[quote name='josh3184' post='514892' date='Jun 15 2009, 11:48 PM']what on earth are all those switches for on the back left and back right ones? Looks epic :)[/quote]

The Mockingbirds are the same,but with just one Pre-amp switch and accompanying volume pot :rolleyes:

[quote name='josh3184' post='514934' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:29 AM']bit confusing all that :) :lol:

*edit* and what's under the bridge? Are those extra tuning pegs? :D[/quote]

Yes,they are both Bich 8 string basses,I only use them as 4 stringers though :rolleyes:

[quote name='Shockwave' post='515415' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:00 PM']Bah i really need to get a few BC Riches again.

Missing em now! I want the eagle back again :) But i'd need to sort the sound out somehow.[/quote]

You shoulda bought the vintage harness for it :lol: :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lorne' post='515421' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:04 PM']You shoulda bought the vintage harness for it :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]

True! But then again i like a modern day grindy tone.... Plus it needs a 5th string :)

I prefer a musicman for that Bernard Edwards Thaaaang.

[quote name='escholl' post='515541' date='Jun 16 2009, 05:59 PM']tragically, three small animals were thoroughly killed during the photographic process....[/quote]

Only 2 died,the third is Stitch,and as we know he can lift 3000 times his own weight :)