Why become a member? ×

Silverfoxnik's Gigs with "Burning Organ"

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

Thought I should finally get around to promoting the band i'm in , which is called [b]Burning Organ[/b]. [b]mr_russ[/b] did a great job in the band before I joined, but he has moved on to do his own stuff, which is really good by the way! Burning Organ info can be found here: [b]www.burningorgan.com[/b]

We do everything from Sam & Dave, to Stevie Wonder, Bowie, Queen etc, right up to presnt day stuff like The Killers, Snow Patrol, Coldplay etc. There's also some great 80's cheese in there too :) Suffice to say, the other guys in the band are great to work with, very talented, very professional and have a great sense of humour. They even help me in and out of the gigs with my zimmer frame from time to time! :huh:

Anyway, here's the public dates from now until New Years Eve - we do a lot of other gigs like weddings etc, but obviously, they're not open to all. Anyway, it'd be great to see any fellow BC members if you fancy coming along for some good music, a pint and a chat:

[b]September[/b]
Sat 1st 4.30pm - Rockin The Barn - Southwick
Sat 1st eve - The Elms - Worthing
Sun 2nd - The Six Bells - Chiddingly
Fri 28th - The Prince Albert - Eastbourne

[b]October[/b]
Sat 13th - Booked
Fri 26th - Bar Nun - Haywards Heath

[b]November[/b]
Sat 3rd - The Crows Nest - East Grinstead
Fri 9th - The Prince Albert - Eastbourne
Fri 30th - Royal Coach - Shoreham
[b]
December[/b]
Sat 1st - The Elms - Worthing
Fri 7th - Mullens - Eastbourne
Sat 8th - The Hampden - South Heighton
Fri 28th - The Prince Albert - Eastbourne

More dates being added all the time, which I'll try to remember to add here. It'll all be there on the website though so check it out! [b]Thanks for looking[/b]..

Cheers

Nik

Just want to say thanks to John (Bass_Ferret) for turning up last night - living proof that these posts do work!! He had to watch me suffer with rig problems (210 going down!) but was very helpful in general talking about gear/sound etc.

Cheers John, many thanks for the support and the feedback and I hope to return the favour sometime...

Nik

• 2 months later...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='97121' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:21 AM']Yeah Nik, break a [s]leg[/s], [s]cab[/s], [s]string[/s], er... just have a good gig![/quote]

[i]"Cant make it tonight - with child. Have a good one. I won't use the traditional salutation knowing your luck."[/i]

Cheers guys! will do...

[quote name='NickThomas' post='101128' date='Dec 7 2007, 08:56 PM']Damm I keep missing you whenever you're over my way Nik ... Just necked a couple of beers so cant drive :)[/quote]
Hi Nick,

very wise - especially at this time of year.. No worries, something will crop up that works out.. How's things with you?

Nik

• 1 month later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='97088' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:25 AM']Playing in Worthing at The Elms again tonight for any West Sussex Basschatters who may want to come along and heckle, hear how the Roscoe Beck V is sounding, have a pint etc... :)[/quote]
Well it was actually tonight I made & the Roscoe Beck was sounding niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! Good gig Nik. Catch up for that pint soon

Al

[quote name='WalMan' post='119363' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:48 AM']Well it was actually tonight I made & the Roscoe Beck was sounding niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! Good gig Nik. Catch up for that pint soon

Al[/quote]
Good to see you last night Al, thanks for coming along with Mrs WalMan and sticking around till the end! I am looking forward to reciprocating the favour and seeing one of your Alibi gigs in February! Will be very interested to see exactly what 5 string you'll be playing then? :huh:

Just checked my gig list so may see you on Jan 26th at The Crown as I'm not gigging that night :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='120423' date='Jan 14 2008, 08:57 PM']Give us a bit more notice next time and I'll bring the boys along.[/quote]
Cheers John - will do!

Hi Clauster - it's The Crown pub in Littlehampton High Street in good ol' West Sussex..

[quote name='clauster' post='120966' date='Jan 15 2008, 05:05 PM']Might just pop along. Can visit some old friends in Worthing on the way. Might even drag them along too.[/quote]
Look forward to meeting you then! WalMan's band are great so you'll have a good night....Even though it is Littlehampton :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='clauster' post='129059' date='Jan 28 2008, 07:14 AM']Okay, I've seen the Alibi (who were great BTW)

When's the next Burning Organ gig?[/quote]
I think there is a bit of a lull for Burning Organ whilst certain of the band are away, but well worth a viewing when you can. We had a really good night at the Elms.

Six Bells Chiddingly might be easier for you. It's a funny little pub (if you don't know it) but has been doing music for years now. They also used to do good food - though its a long time since I have been. When I used to play down there we used to drive all the way down from Littlehampton for a night out when we had a gap.

Leave a note & perhaps we can say hi at one of Nik's gigs :)

Looks like the Crow's Nest on April 5th is our next gig Mert, as we have 2 months out now because our guitarist and keyboard player are going to Australia with their families... It'd be really good to see any Basschat members from this neck of the woods at any of the gigs :) and please come and say hello if you do.

Here's our pub gig list for 2008 so far... and there's a whole load of private functions happening too so it's quite busy already!

[b]April[/b]
Sat 5th - THE CROWS NEST - East Grinstead
Sun 6th - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
[b]May[/b]
Fri 9th - THE ELMS - Worthing
Fri 16th MULLENS - Eastbourne
Sat 17th - THE HAMPDEN - South Heighton
Sun 25th - HORATIO'S BAR - Brighton Pier
[b]July[/b]
Fri 4th - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
Fri 11th - THE ELMS - Worthing
Fri 18th - KINGS HEAD - Burgess Hill
[b]August[/b]
Sat 9th - LARK IN THE PARK - Newhaven
Fri 15th MULLENS - Eastbourne
[b]Sat 23rd - HORATIO'S BAR - Brighton Pier
September[/b]
Sat 6th - ROCKIN THE BARN - Southwick
Fri 12th - THE ELMS - Worthing
Fri 26th - THE SHIP - Newhaven
Sun 28th - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
[b]October[/b]
Fri 24th MULLENS - Eastbourne
[b]November[/b]
Fri 14th - THE HAMPDEN - South Heighton
Sat 15th - THE MASTER MARINER - Brighton Marina
Sat 22nd - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
[b]December[/b]
Fri 19th - THE SHIP - Newhaven

[quote name='Merton' post='130105' date='Jan 29 2008, 04:19 PM']Cool. I'll bring me whole band down on April 5th :) If you're free March 28th that's our next gig there.[/quote]
Great.. and I'll check my diary re: March 28th... Mind you, thinking about it, that's 2 days before the Bash so it might not be possible unless I want to start WW3 at home :huh:

• 1 month later...

Back on the gig trail again after a 2 month hiatus.. :) So thought I'd give our Gig List a BUMP!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='129688' date='Jan 29 2008, 12:00 AM']Here's our pub gig list for 2008 so far... and there's a whole load of private functions happening too so it's quite busy already!

[b]April[/b]
Sat 5th - THE CROWS NEST - East Grinstead
Sun 6th - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
[b]May[/b]
Fri 9th - THE ELMS - Worthing
Fri 16th MULLENS - Eastbourne
Sat 17th - THE HAMPDEN - South Heighton
Sun 25th - HORATIO'S BAR - Brighton Pier
[b]July[/b]
Fri 4th - THE SIX BELLS - Chiddingly
Fri 11th - THE ELMS - Worthing
Fri 18th - KINGS HEAD - Burgess Hill