Why become a member? ×

Silverfoxnik's Gigs with "Burning Organ"

silverfoxnik

[quote name='clauster' post='167437' date='Apr 1 2008, 08:38 AM']Two gigs in my neck of the woods this weekend............Will try to get along to one or t'other.[/quote]
Be good to see you if you can...and please come and say hello and have a drink if you do!

Nik, good to see you again yesterday and nice playing! I thought the bass sounded grand and no matter what you kept saying about being rusty, Ben and I were saying on the way back that seeing you in full swing must be something special :)

Oh, and I think I have a plan for the cab story should I ever need it...

Good to meet you Nik and a great gig by the whole band at a fantastic venue! Annie's already looking forward to your next gig.

So much to enjoy, but special to kudos to your vocalist for taking the "toasting punter" in his stride :)

Edited by clauster

Cheers Guys! Good to meet you all and thanks for making the effort...

Mert - I'm looking forward to hearing more about the cab story :) Hopefully, it all went well? Clauster - the 'toasting punter' was pretty good I thought! I love it when things like that happen at gigs...

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='171112' date='Apr 7 2008, 01:39 AM']Mert - I'm looking forward to hearing more about the cab story :huh: Hopefully, it all went well?
Nik[/quote]
Almost scuppered when the dude called me whilst I was with Nic. "Who was that? What are you arranging tomorrow - I thought you were doing band stuff?"

Oh crap.

"Er, yeah. Chris is a guy I met at the bassbash, he lives near Cengiz in Richmond [i]([b]editor's note:[/b] well, Tottenham is close on a galactic scale)[/i] and I'm going to pop round to his quickly after the band stuff. He's off to live in America you see, and he has very similar amp set up to me but I want to play on his nice P bass which he didn't take to the bash."

"Oh I see. Why the f*8k does he want to live in America?"

And as for the Sunday itself, well the snow almost ruined everything when a. Sophie wanted to throw snowballs at me all day and b. I couldn't get off Nic's driveway because of it being a steep slope towards the house. That was hairy. Then Chris told me the wrong house number so i was hammering on an empty house for half an hour before he came to find me. Fun fun. The cab is bloody great tho :)

Oh, there are pics of the Crow's Nest gig on facebook btw ;)

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='171748' date='Apr 7 2008, 08:47 PM']Almost scuppered when the dude called me whilst I was with Nic. "Who was that? What are you arranging tomorrow - I thought you were doing band stuff?"

Oh crap.

"Er, yeah. Chris is a guy I met at the bassbash, he lives near Cengiz in Richmond [i]([b]editor's note:[/b] well, Tottenham is close on a galactic scale)[/i] and I'm going to pop round to his quickly after the band stuff. He's off to live in America you see, and he has very similar amp set up to me but I want to play on his nice P bass which he didn't take to the bash."

"Oh I see. Why the f*8k does he want to live in America?"

And as for the Sunday itself, well the snow almost ruined everything when a. Sophie wanted to throw snowballs at me all day and b. I couldn't get off Nic's driveway because of it being a steep slope towards the house. That was hairy. Then Chris told me the wrong house number so i was hammering on an empty house for half an hour before he came to find me. Fun fun. The cab is bloody great tho :huh:

Oh, there are pics of the Crow's Nest gig on facebook btw ;)[/quote]

Hi Mert

Sounds like it was a close call!! Glad to hear it had a happy ending though.. Seems as though you had to be at your most 'creative' to make it all come together..

Not even the crappy, unpredictable British weather can come between a determined bass player and new gear !! ;)

Will have to check out Facebook immediately :)

[quote name='Merton' post='170917' date='Apr 6 2008, 08:10 PM']Oh, and I think I have a plan for the cab story should I ever need it...[/quote]
....the source of much discussion too & from the bash :) We all need cunning plans now & then

[quote name='WalMan' post='172596' date='Apr 8 2008, 09:07 PM']....the source of much discussion too & from the bash :) We all need cunning plans now & then[/quote]
True enough Al!

Like.. How would I sneak in an SWR Triad past Mrs Silverfoxnik :huh:

Plots within plots within plots.... If only I had something better to do with my life ;)

Nik

• 1 month later...

May's gigs for any Basschatters out there in Sussex.. Tomorrow night we're at The Elms in Worthing which has been a great place to play of late:

[b]Fri 9th - THE ELMS - Worthing[/b]
Fri 16th MULLENS - Eastbourne
Sat 17th - THE HAMPDEN - South Heighton
Sun 25th - HORATIO'S BAR - Brighton Pier

Come and say hello if you can make it :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='195122' date='May 8 2008, 11:50 PM']May's gigs for any Basschatters out there in Sussex.. Tomorrow night we're at The Elms in Worthing which has been a great place to play of late:

[b]Fri 9th - THE ELMS - Worthing[/b]
Fri 16th MULLENS - Eastbourne
Sat 17th - THE HAMPDEN - South Heighton
Sun 25th - HORATIO'S BAR - Brighton Pier

Come and say hello if you can make it :)[/quote]
I shall have to see what Mrs W is up to ce soir

[quote name='johnnylager' post='195419' date='May 9 2008, 01:46 PM']Lark in the Park for me - you got any more details Nik?[/quote]
Hi JL,

Not at the moment but I'll ask Tony our guitarist who sorts all the gig stuff out,

Cheers

Nik

P.S. Al - be good to see you guys but if not, let's catch up soon.. And I'll let you know how I get on with the SWR Triad :)

[quote name='clauster' post='196186' date='May 10 2008, 07:14 PM']Good to see you again too, and a cracking gig it was!

(and many thanks for not mentioning the route we took to Worthing :) )[/quote]
Oops! Sorry - did that in the other post :huh:

• 5 months later...

Oi Nik!!!!!

Are you still playing Mullens on Friday?

If so I might pop down with Annie and buy you a drink during the interval. We've got friends down there who are due a visit and a trip to see you guys play would make the visit a lot more bearable for me :) Plus I want to drop a copy of my bands demo in at Mullens anyway.

• 3 weeks later...