Why become a member? ×

The Bass Centre

I bought a pickup from them recently but after 10 days it still wasn't at my door so I complained and they said it ws out of stock and had to order it in (when it said it was in stock on the website) It arrived a few days later but after complaining they offered me a free set of stings as an apology and they arrived very promptly :)

Guest subaudio

I used to go to the shop in wapping, went one day and it wasnt there anymore, I eventually found the new shop and visited a few times, when to visit them on Saturday as i was at that end of town and they had moved again, Doh !

I bought my NS from them and they were OK to be honest, and I did manage to haggle on the price a bit.

I have to say that I much prefer the gallery.

i was very disappointed with them (although googling for their crap customer service led me here, so not all bad!!). i ordered a cab from their site - 1 week later, nothing (money was taken from account straight away).

phoned them -
'oh sorry, need to order from the distributor blah, blah'.

phoned again a week later -
[b]them[/b]; 'oh that price was wrong, couldn't possibly sell for that...'
[b]me[/b]; 'can i just have my money back then?
[b]them[/b]; 'look, leave it with me, i'll try and match the price and phone you back today'.

phoned them again 2 days later-
[b]them[/b]; 'i can offer you blah blah blah for £XXXX'
[b]me[/b]; 'not really interested in that thanks. can i just have my money back - i paid for something 2 weeks ago which i've not recieved, and you won't/can't supply. costing me money in rentals in the meantime.'
[b]them[/b]; 'well thats hardly my fault is it?'
[b]me[/b]; 'eh? well yes!' points out obvious.
[b]them[/b]; 'well you'll get your money back. i don't see why you're making an issue of this'
[b]me[/b]; 'just do that then please'

3 days later, no cash.
[b]me[/b]; 'i'm phoning about a refund i've not recieved, and i'm starting to get a wee bit irritated'
[b]them[/b]; 'oh that was the boss - his manner can be a bit unfortunate sometimes. look leave it with me and i'll see if i can get a good price on that cabinet...'
[b]me[/b]; 'nooooooooooooooooo! just want my money back!
[b]them[/b]; 'i'll sort that out today'.

4 days later, recieved a cheque which took 3 days to clear (bearing in mind they took it straight away out of my account)

apologies for the essay, but i'd stay clear - mistakes happen, but this smacks of something else.

It's annoying having a site advertise something that they claim to have in stock, but they actually order in from the distributor as soon as you've placed the order. GAK have been known to do this a lot, although I hear they're better now.

I went to see them in Wapping to ask them a few questions, and actually they were quite helpful, even though it was only their offices. I can't comment on their customer service as a paying customer, however.