Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk TFB 550-B

warwickhunt

Does anyone have £650 of the folding stuff to purchase this from me? <edit> price drop to £630.

Less than 6mths old and still with the box it was shipped from the States in. Obviously immaculate and unmarked as it has been cased from day one. I have the rackmount kit fitted but I also have the side handle and feet should you wish to tote it about sans case (which is available by negotiation). With it being so new it does come with 'the switch' (a push/push button rather than the old switch on the back). All of the info is on the TF website, amp serial #735 and don't you just love it when the owner/manufacturer personally signs the plate on the back of each of his amps... that's dedication.

[url="http://www.thunderfunk.com/"]<a href="http://www.thunderfunk.com/" target="_blank">http://www.thunderfunk.com/[/url]</a>

One point to note, the input clip LED doesn't function but that doesn't affect the unit at all and you can hear the limiter kicking in (should you decide to use it) so that isn't affected. I'm sure it's actually just the LED popped.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='steve-soar' post='53565' date='Aug 31 2007, 07:45 PM']How does the Tech sound underneath? :)[/quote]

Like only a 2100 watt, 105db, 6x10 Neo equipped cab can :huh:

Sorry, trying not to be vague but I do fully intend doing full write ups on the cab, amp(s) and Wizard pups as soon as I can get round to it (preferably with sound).

• 2 months later...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='53565' date='Aug 31 2007, 06:45 PM']How does the Tech sound underneath? :)[/quote]

Ah Ha... just reread the post and you were referring to the Tech amp!

Simply awesome! 3 valve preamp with an EQ system based upon the classic passive Alembic preamp going into a 1000 watt digital power section.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='87494' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:42 PM']Are you keeping the Tech head now then?[/quote]

I am reduced to the point where I am losing the will to live trying to decide between them :)

I genuinely think they are both stunning and have their own unique pluses (no minuses for me; though you could nit-pik and wish for the Tech to have 1000w @ 4ohms and the TF could have a slightly better mute system), they do sound different but I could happily live with either... Ahhhh here I go again.

I thought the decision was made for me the other day as I had a buyer for the Tech. Unfortunately circumstances conspired against my buyer and he was left without the funds to purchase. I've agreed to hold the Tech amp for the potential buyer for a few days, so won't be offering that to anyone else at present but in the meantime if anyone wanted the TF then that would have to be that.

I even have a bloody SoundControl Superfly sitting in a box that I bought as a back up or for the band to use for monitors but that hasn't been out of the SC carrier-bag never mind the box!

Something has to go!

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='87522' date='Nov 12 2007, 07:20 PM']All the best with the sale on the heads, I would keep hold of the TF. Would you be looking at something else if you sold both?

Good luck bud,

Robbie.[/quote]

Cheers Robbie.

Until yesterday I was keeping the TF! If and when one sells (+ the Ashdown + my H&K 250) I'll be keeping the other... at least that's what I'm telling the Mrs :)