Why become a member? ×

MMmm K. Who am I missing?

dougal

[url="http://open.spotify.com/user/g1ngerrevolution/playlist/4Qr2vDHqPHFPfy1KWEDCJa"]http://open.spotify.com/user/g1ngerrevolut...qPHFPfy1KWEDCJa[/url]

Comments? Songs / Artists that should be there but aren't?

A few suggestions.

Chic, James Brown, Tower of Power, Herbie Hancock (Thrust, Head Hunters, Man-Child albums), Rufus/Chaka Khan, Curtis Mayfield, Brothers Johnson, Earth, Wind and Fire, The Emotions, Me'shell Ndegeocello.

That should keep you busy for an hour or two.

Edited by RayFW

haven't seen one of these playlist links before - quite liking some of the stuff he's got there but it's a bit of an odd mix - good idea though.

ooh - just spotted Rick James - GIve it to me Baby down the bottom of the list - made me drag out the Overwater J to play along, haven't heard this song in years :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='Josh' post='507308' date='Jun 6 2009, 11:56 PM']The Gap Band.

Fantastic synth driven basslines, they dominate the songs.

Anyone know who their bassist was?[/quote]

I love some of the Gap Band's stuff. Saw them live in Hammersmith once, Charlie Wilson was great, full on 'sex God' kinda stuff. Women were going crazy & doing all the stuff that people talk about, but rarely actually happens, like throwing underwear etc. at him!

Robert Wilson is generally credited as the playing bass Wilson brother but I'm they had session guys on a lot of stuff as well.

My personal fave is the full 12" version of Outstanding, not desperately funky but I love the groove & Charlie is on good form on this one :)

P.S. Just found Outstanding 12" on Spotify & listening to it right now (I have it on vinyl of course but Spotify is quicker, lol).

Edited by molan

Download audacity, set it to record what youPC is playing (its all in the manual)

Set up spotify to play and record the utput with audacity - edit as required....

You will need to install LAME to export to mp3...

PS I never told you how alright!

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='508018' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:32 AM']Download audacity, set it to record what youPC is playing (its all in the manual)

Set up spotify to play and record the utput with audacity - edit as required....

You will need to install LAME to export to mp3...

PS I never told you how alright![/quote]

Ta!
psst i ain't seen yah, OK?

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='508021' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:34 AM']ah.. i have audicity.
i hope spotify doesnt end up getting taken down when they find out people are doing this though :)[/quote]
It's not a new problem with online music/video and not one anyone is currently that concerned about.

However, we might have to be careful making these kinds of posts in future. The Pirate Bay case sets a worrying outcome that a site which knowingly assists (either actively or passively) in the act of violation of copyright is liable... at least in Sweden. And Italy are now having a crack at them as well under similar laws.

Although funnily enough, Google indexes links to illegal content and noone is taking them on. Something about being part of a global empire seems to scare people off.