Why become a member? ×

Nice, natural tone

Guest BassKS

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='498378' date='May 26 2009, 11:13 PM']If I were him I'd lose them demo vids. They do absoloutley nothing to inspire me on how the bass sounds.[/quote]

the routing of the pups is a bit wonky, the bridge pup is slightly higher up on the bass side.

i wouldn't want a bass that sounds like that.

Looks like a 30" scale - in the pic with the case the bass is too big, but not much so it must be a guitar case. Looks like fun, but 'hardwood' body doesn't inspire confidence. Technically Balsa is a hardwood, but I wouldn't want a bass made of it no matter how much reverb it creates.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='498378' date='May 26 2009, 11:13 PM']If I were him I'd lose them demo vids. They do absoloutley nothing to inspire me on how the bass sounds.[/quote]
+1000

What's with the technique? Playing with his thumb around the 12th fret? :) That's the perfect recipe for maximum clank and bwoowwwwww noises. Not even chorus and reverb can cover that up.

Not 'hardwood', its 'hard wood', so not balsa. Although I want to make one out of balsa just cause everyone uses it as an example.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='499183' date='May 27 2009, 07:04 PM']i wouldn't want a bass that sounds like that.

Looks like a 30" scale - in the pic with the case the bass is too big, but not much so it must be a guitar case. Looks like fun, but 'hardwood' body doesn't inspire confidence. Technically Balsa is a hardwood, but I wouldn't want a bass made of it no matter how much reverb it creates.[/quote]