Why become a member? ×

Fender 'Standard Jazz Bass'

Lew-Bass

I would consider this [topic="48917"]Fernandes JP [/topic] that kennyrodg is selling. I can vouch that the bass is excellent in condition , playability and tone plus Pete is a great guy to deal with.
And its a whole lot more interesting than a Standard Jazz and better built I would say plus more versatile with the P/J pup configuration.

Paul

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='Prosebass' post='492725' date='May 19 2009, 09:37 PM']I would consider this [topic="48917"]Fernandes JP [/topic] that kennyrodg is selling. I can vouch that the bass is excellent in condition , playability and tone plus Pete is a great guy to deal with.
And its a whole lot more interesting than a Standard Jazz and better built I would say plus more versatile with the P/J pup configuration.

Paul[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, it looks like a lovely bass but I'm after a J/J config, with a really slim neck and a smooth, low and pronounced tone, willing to go second hand with a budget of £400/500
Any suggestions for me? Saves me starting a new thread on the subject :)

Edited by Lew-Bass

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='492799' date='May 19 2009, 10:53 PM']If you would like a fretless check out my Warmoth custom. Link in my sig below. Helluva lot of bass for the cash[/quote]

Nice bass mate, I've had a look before but the thing that makes things infinitly more complicated is that I'm a lefty!

[quote name='Geek99' post='492935' date='May 20 2009, 07:52 AM']I suggest going Japan (CIJ) - nice balance of price versus quality. My 62 RI jazz is amazing.[/quote]

I also love my CIJ. Played half a dozen, including Mexican and American-made Ps, before buying this one. Neck size and feel, string tension, everything about it is great.

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='492783' date='May 19 2009, 09:33 PM']... I'm after a J/J config, with a really slim neck and a smooth, low and pronounced tone, willing to go second hand with a budget of £400/500 ... Any suggestions for me?[/quote]

Yamaha BB1500 - used ones crop up here from time to time. Or G&L JB2 - you might be lucky and find a used one at the top end of your budget.

[quote name='noelk27' post='493280' date='May 20 2009, 02:07 PM']Yamaha BB1500 - used ones crop up here from time to time. Or G&L JB2 - you might be lucky and find a used one at the top end of your budget.[/quote]

Just had a look at them mate, thanks for bringing my attention to them, nice basses :)
I'll look into them further, aslong as they do a LH version?
Jeez.. sometimes I think being a lefty is a curse :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='493289' date='May 20 2009, 01:17 PM']... I'll look into them further, aslong as they do a LH version?[/quote]

Can't recall if Yamaha did a lefty version of the BB1500, although it usually does make lefty versions of its catalogue. G&L certainly do make a lefty version of the JB2.