Why become a member? ×

RICKENBACKER 4003 - MINT

spongebob

[b]I am, sadly selling my Rickenbacker 4003.

Bought brand new by me in 2003 (it was manufactured in that year), it has been kept in the hardcase since new, only being used for the occasional rehearsal.

The colour is Fireglow, a beautiful sunburst effect.

All Rickenbackers are handmade, and the craftmanship is unbelievable.

The new price on these is now over the £2000 mark - and there is a two-year waiting list. As the factory is running behind, this is likely to increase, as is the price, with the fluctuations with the pound/dollar.

The condition can only be described as mint - the pictures tell the story. There is no markings, rash, mods....everything is as the day it left the factory.

The only minor thing to mention is a couple of half-millimetre tiny scratches on the front of the headstock, caused by re-stringing. These are very, very small, and you have to struggle to see them - but I want to be totally honest and genuine.

You will not find another 4003 in this condition for this money.

I am a total Ric-addict - the only reason that I am selling is that I can't justify keeping this one. I am taking delivery of another Ric - so this one has to go.
[u]
Price is £1350.[/u] Comes with original, immaculate hardcase.

Cash on collection only, located in Tenterden, Kent.

Call me (Iain) on 0784 770 4422 if interested.[/b]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dazco' post='531145' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:00 PM']I cannot believe it has not already gone.You need to sack your sales and marketing team.

Surely it cannot stick around much longer at this price.[/quote]

I struggled to net £1150 for mines earlier this year and it was an immaculate, colour of the year model, in Monty Brown...credit crunch wont be helping.

Nice bass though.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='thebeat' post='531169' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:22 PM']I struggled to net £1150 for mines earlier this year and it was an immaculate, colour of the year model, in Monty Brown...credit crunch wont be helping.

Nice bass though.[/quote]

Also doesn't help that loads of places are doing 10% deposit and 9 months interest free on instruments . A brand new Ricki is only £170 deposit and £170 a month.

[quote name='tom1946' post='935134' date='Aug 24 2010, 06:43 PM']I really wish people would stop doing this!

Send a PM or something, stop dragging old sales threads up, just wastes time.[/quote]

well Tom if you still had your jaguar you could go beat up these bloody newbies :)

Sorry but I aint slagged you in a while buddy

[quote name='tom1946' post='935597' date='Aug 25 2010, 06:11 AM']That's right Steven, I could hit 'em over the heed with it eh? :)

Have you still got yours [/quote]

of course I do matey, in fainrness I have nearly offloaded it a few times, but when it comes to the crunch I dont think I could ever let it go.

damn gas though get me everytime,,although I now have 2 other basses I would offload before i let the jag go.