Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC 5 string **Sold**

wayne58

Reluctant sale of my 2005 NYC Sadowsky 24 fret black Modern 5 string. Built in New York 2005
This is an awesome bass weighing 8lbs (3.63 kg) it balances perfectly.... comfortable and easy to play.
It has all the usual NYC specs....with a chambered swamp ash body, Sadowsky soap bars, pre amp and vintage tone control.
The bass still has the plastic protection on the back from new, with one minor ding above the bridge pickup.
The Sadowsky light weight case is included at £1650.
Sorry but I am not looking for any trade offers thanks.

NOW REDUCED to £1650 with more pics.

Cameron

Edited by wayne58

[quote name='wayne58' post='491855' date='May 18 2009, 09:01 PM']Cheers guys, also I forgot to mention the really nice birdseye maple fretboard.[/quote]

Gorgeous, I love a nice birdseye maple fretboard!

[quote name='jakesbass' post='492023' date='May 18 2009, 11:48 PM']Jayzus, if I had the need and the money I'd buy this, sadly I have neither...[/quote]

Could you not claim on your expenses?
Oh sorry I thought you said you were a Politician not a Musician!

Wayne, sorry for derailing the thread, but how would you compare the sound of the basses with the Sadowsky soapbars to the older basses Roger made with the EMG pickups? I assume you've had experience with both, I've not had a chance to try the Sadowsky pickups yet.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='492193' date='May 19 2009, 10:47 AM']Wayne, sorry for derailing the thread, but how would you compare the sound of the basses with the Sadowsky soapbars to the older basses Roger made with the EMG pickups? I assume you've had experience with both, I've not had a chance to try the Sadowsky pickups yet.[/quote]

No problem, I emailed Kevin at Sadowsky about this and he claims the new soap bars are an improvement on the EMGs.
I have a Modern 24 with the EMG pickups and I would say they are more aggressive, perhaps not quite as smooth and subtle as the new ones.
Cameron

[quote name='wayne58' post='492211' date='May 19 2009, 10:19 AM']No problem, I emailed Kevin at Sadowsky about this and he claims the new soap bars are an improvement on the EMGs.
I have a Modern 24 with the EMG pickups and I would say they are more aggressive, perhaps not quite as smooth and subtle as the new ones.
Cameron[/quote]

Cameron .... oops!! :)

Thanks for the description. And good luck with the sale, it's a lovely looking instrument.

[quote name='Toasted' post='492181' date='May 19 2009, 10:30 AM']This was the bass that inspired me to pick up my NYC M5-24. It's a really nice bass.

I'd buy it but I'm missing about £1749.75. Joe.[/quote]

Cheers Joe
Hope all is well with you.
It's an awesome example of Roger's workmanship.

Cameron

[quote name='molan' post='492670' date='May 19 2009, 08:43 PM']This really is a great looking bass, I much prefer the 'Modern' body shape :)[/quote]

Ta very much, it is a beaut.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='493177' date='May 20 2009, 12:26 PM']Somebody buy this soon - I can't stop looking at it....and it's only 2 miles away from me AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)[/quote]

Alan did I mention free delivery within a 2 mile radius?

[quote name='obi 2 kenobi' post='494587' date='May 21 2009, 07:41 PM']Hi, do you have any photos of the back ?

Where are you based ?[/quote]

Preston Lancs

Pic as requested, not a problem.

Cheers
Cameron

[quote name='big cat' post='494827' date='May 22 2009, 01:09 AM']If it's still available after June.....though i don't think so. :)

Really nice bass, good luck for the sale![/quote]

Thank you sir.