Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Jule Monique preamp £975
£975
Manchester

Posted (edited)

Jule Monique in excellent condition - I'm sure that if you're looking, you'll know what this is and what it does.  The pre had a complete and premium re-valve whilst with its first owner (Platypus on here - a man of exquisite taste and impeccable manners). 

This is undoubtedly the finest of all the valve pres I’ve owned - and there have been many including an Agi DB680, Noble, Orange (custom), WA Pultec clone (weird but works wonderfully on bass) and many more. The truth is, and tantamount to heresy on here, I just prefer SS pres, especially the Warwick Hellborg.

The pre really is as new apart from a couple of very shallow hairline scratches on the bottom left side panel. It looks like a screwdriver may have slipped - all prior to my ownership. There’s an image for full disclosure. I’m really picky about these things but the mark didn’t bother me - it’s genuinely insignificant. The image makes it look much worse than it does in daylight.

Located in Manchester and collection is massively preferred (it's a beautifully hand-crafted esoteric pre and full of exotic glass). I should have the original box and can ship if absolutely necessary (and the buyer wanted to organise and pay for a courier).

The price is firm (I'm losing on this - nothing new) and no trades thanks.

Any questions, please just ask.

D879C61C-5FE7-43AB-BA59-51559B030ABF_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e8a6742d57e43d7b62bc09dd3a0a9b81.jpeg42D0ACE7-C342-4592-8167-6CDA2867D0B2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.9a8a4b06052721f5c4d907723a4dc060.jpeg4FB58D94-1C74-4C6D-8A98-DA4C60A9473C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.b1eb2ceb3970d7c5b622499cfa8abe7c.jpeg

IMG_7075.jpeg

IMG_7076.jpeg

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7077.jpeg

IMG_7079.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 7

Had the m700 and it’s was delightful. Now use a Simone and really don’t need this but man it’s so cool. The sensitivity control hides the magic!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, krispn said:

Had the m700 and it’s was delightful. Now use a Simone and really don’t need this but man it’s so cool. The sensitivity control hides the magic!

Thanks! Exactly, the sensitivity control is a wonderful feature and appears to work interactively with the gain. I’d love to keep this but it’s an ornament. One of the very few bits of gear, the odd bass apart, on which my wife has commented positively (from a purely aesthetic perspective!)

Ok so it’s not as compact as a Noble but it offers so much more. I’d say it’s better value too when you’re into this price range based on what it offers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, three said:

One of the very few bits of gear, the odd bass apart, on which my wife has commented positively (from a purely aesthetic perspective!)

Your wife pretends to know nothing, but she knows. 

That sensitivity control tho'!

• Like 2

• three changed the title to On Hold - Jule Monique preamp £975