Why become a member? ×

Props to David from Retrovibe

edstraker123

Just a shoutout to David at Retrovibe for making me a custom truss rod cover for my L'il Richard bass. Obviously this was a small job with little if any profit in it but great customer service. Looking forward to buying another Retrovibe bass in the near future.

20240423_124010.thumb.jpg.38f48158e0e5d15d5bff9bf55b88b555.jpg

• Like 10

On 23/04/2024 at 23:01, Little Dragon said:

I already own 3 Retrovibe basses and he keeps putting up pictures of others to tempt me! Good bloke to deal with.

can I hijack this a little and ask for your opinion on Retrovibe basses? I’m guessing as you own 3 you like them. Just asking as I’ve been looking at his recent builds and they look great. 

I had a rick copy, with musicman style pickups, it was really good. Sold it because I wasn't in a Jam tribute anymore (I helped my mates out and bought it  because it looked good)

I also had a prototpye neck and body, in sparkly silver, that I put a P bass set up on. Made of basswood, very light. Played and sounded great

David does a great job

• Like 1

I can't speak highly enough about David.  I've had a couple of basses, lots of bits.  Importantly he is as pleasant and fair to deal with when things don't go quite right as he is with straightforward sales.  One of the good guys who makes some lovely kit that is exceptionally reasonably priced.

• Like 2

He was a pleasure to deal with when I bought my 51 P bass. I even sent him the strings I wanted on it and he cut the nut for them. It was well set up and very playable bass out of the box. I really like the neck too. Like I said earlier, this won't be my last Retrovibe. I have a hankering for one of those blue Tele basses...

12 hours ago, DaleASmith said:

can I hijack this a little and ask for your opinion on Retrovibe basses? I’m guessing as you own 3 you like them. Just asking as I’ve been looking at his recent builds and they look great. 

I own three different models, the first being an Evo S because it just caught my eye, impressed with the feel and quality of it I got in touch with David and got a Barracuda,  just for something different.  Next I got a Vantage because always like the Rik sort of look but not necessarily the neck. That has became my first choice gigging bass.