Why become a member? ×

NBD Moollon PV - With a back story.

pmjos

Take 5 minutes for a story about a very fine chap.

Before the start of the pandemic I ordered a Moollon PV having been in Seoul to visit YJ and Andi Roselund at the Moollon workshop a few months before. I was really taken with the PV's tone.

So the Pandemic hit and after working in a factory building respirators for the NHS through most of it I then lost my job. Not good karma. Sadly having paid my deposit I wrote to YJ and Andi saying that I could not afford to continue with the purchase and I heard no more. A few weeks later I saw a red PV up for sale and thought no more of it knowing I could not afford another one.

2 1/2 years later I got a message from Andi saying that YJ had not sold the bass it was still there available for me... Jaw dropping moment. They never got the email and YJ hadn't sold it - he kept it for me. What other maker would do something like that?  I had in the meantime managed to get myself back on my feet and could complete the sale.

Last week I took delivery of the bass I ordered three years ago. Delivered in pristine condition and sounding like a complete beast. I'm overjoyed to have this bass. I thought I had lost it and out of the kindness of YJ I do. What a bloody awesome bloke - unreal.

The bass BTW is staggering, the low end is so deep but articulate and the higher register is thick like a short scale. Its ridiculously good, and oh the colour.. Red............ Red...... Red........

20240404_174954.thumb.jpg.7e1f91eb43a8ab9719ec061bf81474ba.jpg20240404_174945.thumb.jpg.e9c70fff49f2488f52e88f5fd0fea53b.jpg

yjp.jpg

Edited by pmjos
  • Like 37

Great story and wonderful bass. We must have ordered at fairly similar times (actually probably me a little earlier, Nov 2019 I think), mine came in July of 2020, albeit a more standard build (P4 Oly White).

Enjoy it! May you age it well haha

Si 

Edited by Sibob

That's a great story - congrats. YJ and Andi are a class act. 👍 

I've got an Oly White P4 on order and am looking forward to the day when I get the email. 😃

Great story. Always nice to hear about people getting out of financial trouble - good on you.

I'm not familiar with Moolons (I know the name, and the reputation, but not much more): What's the deal with that pickup? Is it a massive humbucker? Or a casing around a more traditional P-bass split? (Or something else) 

On 09/04/2024 at 12:01, Ruarl said:

Great story. Always nice to hear about people getting out of financial trouble - good on you.

I'm not familiar with Moolons (I know the name, and the reputation, but not much more): What's the deal with that pickup? Is it a massive humbucker? Or a casing around a more traditional P-bass split? (Or something else) 

Its actually Moollon's own custom hum cancelling p pick up, its not a casing