Why become a member? ×

April composition challenge

lurksalot

After three way joint win in March and a further tie break question, here we are with the photo for April from @upside downer

Took this last year when we went to Frameless, an immersive art experience, where paintings by the old masters gradually come together, enveloping you before falling away, only for another to take its place.

image.jpeg.4f09f3cf19024c792b5526a506697d8b.jpeg

Simple rules 

✔️ Entries must be <5 minutes and recorded between now and the deadline.

✖️ No illegal samples, copyright infringements or other snide goings-on

✖️ No Bagpipes/panpipes, everyone had the chance last month's last month, so there!

✖️ No voting for your own entry. We'll know. And we'll shame you..

Deadline-wise, we will go for Midnight on the 24th (but probably until tea time 25th) 

A line or two of blurb as usual for the vote thread will be lovely. 

Good luck, Have fun 

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://on.soundcloud.com/Gr2vtjQ7Zah7TL6G8

There’s a hole in the sky…

Just randomly played a bass run and thought, I like that for the composition thing…

so it’s quite an early entry, but I enjoyed doing it - that 6/8 push pull tension, fear of a hole, in the sky…

Shergold, Yamaha guitars (Pacifica/FG acoustic) and some synth pack on GarageBand…

I give you…

”Hole in the Sky”

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 4

When we look at a painting we see a frozen moment where time does not pass. This song reflects on the relentless march of time and how certain things, like aging, are inevitable. No matter how much we may want to slow or freeze time, it pushes forwards, pulling us along with it.

Time, It Is What It Is

• Like 3

I've got one just about done , I would like to do some more with it , but I suspect my diary over the next week or two might get in the way , but still..

Ibby six string with a waves gtr3 stomp patch, EZ drums ,me on the mic with squaks and harp , and a nothing of bass which I hope to sort!

Its a bit short, but hey, play it twice :lol:

• Like 2

Here's mine!

A new Future Impact patch wot I made inspired this Mutant Disco Ditty...

Features the Trusty Wal through Future Impact and Darkglass microtubes pedals... Plus 3 vocal samples I found and heavily autotuned, some Rhodes and other keyboard VSTs and a Fender Start through Bias FX. Drums programmed using standard Ableton Pack sounds. All mixed in Doblys and rolled in Ozone 9, with a light sprinking of Raum, Dubstation 2 and Objeq delay on vox.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I always leave it so late?

Saunter through Cézanne's Avenue at Chantilly to a twinkling soundtrack of swirly, insistent guitar chords, subtle keys and unobtrusive beats.

Played on a cigar box guitar (open G tuning) with a dash of flanger, a Strat copy using Nashville tuning with a touch of echo and a violin bass. Ableton provided MT Drums and all the virtual keys. Recorded, as ever, with Wavepad and Audacity.

Edited by upside downer
words
  • Like 1