Why become a member? ×

As good as Jon Anderson is

Delberthot

Benoit David is fantastic.

This is my favourite song of all time

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdKTkGNRNo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdKTkGNRNo[/url]

Close your eyes and its almost the little chap and Rick Wakeman

Edited by Delberthot

As a massive Yes fan, I think he's absolutely brilliant - there's been a lot of controversy surrounding the `Jon' and `Benoit' issue amongst the Yes fraternity but at the end of the day, no-one moaned about ABWH when they went out without Chris Squire. Jon is ill and not able to sing; its not as though he has been permanently replaced - in interviews, Benoit makes it very clear that he is not a replacement and is there whilst Jon takes time out to get well etc. Check out www.yesworld.com - lots of resources there.

Im sure Anderson is doing a one date solo at the Robin in Wolves in July. Im not a Yes fan as sorts, but thoses I know who are are not enamoured at the thought of him and a guitar. He can only plat 3 chords so I haver been told. Looks like a Quo tribute night then ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='488504' date='May 15 2009, 08:59 AM']Blimey!
That's the best voice substitution I've heard since Mike D'Abo took over from Paul Jones in Manfred Man in 1966[/quote]
MM's "AS IS" was the first LP I ever bought (2nd hand I hastily add), first one with Mike D'Abo and full of brilliant songs now virtually forgotten. I still put it on when in a nostalgic mood, followed by the "Up the Junction" 45. For years I wanted an EB2 to copy Klauss Voormans thuddy bass that sounds so right.
Back to the OP - definite improvement on JA, who found his rightful niche with Vangelis.