Why become a member? ×

SOLD. McIntyre 5 String Super Jazz for sale

Kingbassist

UPDATE 29th MAY - I'm reducing the price to £1100 now. That's a lot of bass for the money! :-)

Hi everyone,

I'm putting up for sale my McIntyre Jazz bass 5. Made by Chris McIntyre, well respected luthier, formally building for The Gallery.

Here's the spec:
1 piece Ash body
Overlaid flame maple top
Figured maple neck
Ebony fingerboard with cream binding a blue side position L.E.Ds
Nordstrand Big Splits - Plastic covers have been professionally shielded by Paul Herman of Charlie Chandlers Guitars
Audere Audio preamp
18 Volt circuitry
Matt Black finish
Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
ABM bridge
Strap Locks
Comfort Strap
Small initials IK in mother-of-pearl in between 23rd & 24th fret
Set up by Paul Herman of Charlie Chandlers Guitars
Comes with plastic moulded hard case.

String spacing is 19mm at the bridge. The nut is 48mm wide. Slim, fast neck.

Used with a few marks here and there but generally in good condition. I'm selling due to rationalisation of my bass collection.

I'm looking for £1200.

Pictures coming soon. Anyone interested. I'm based in Guildford if anyone wants to come try it.

Ian

Edited by Kingbassist

[quote name='mr_russ' post='487959' date='May 14 2009, 02:53 PM']Gaargh - this sounds awesome and so local aswell

I'm very interested in pics - I'm going to check the bank balance right now

R[/quote]

Cool.. Like I said, you're welcome to come and try the bass.. Cheers, Ian
P.S. It comes with a moulded plastic hardcase

[quote name='thedonutman' post='488912' date='May 15 2009, 02:22 PM']You're not James Leach from Sikth are you? I think he played a very similar McIntyre bass.[/quote]

Extremely similar...In fact if I had the money this would be MY BASS!!!
I'm a HUGE SiKTH fan...Damn you, Damn the banks!!!

[quote name='Kongo' post='489205' date='May 15 2009, 07:01 PM']Extremely similar...In fact if I had the money this would be MY BASS!!!
I'm a HUGE SiKTH fan...Damn you, Damn the banks!!![/quote]
After doing some googling, it looks like James Leach's bass has made it's way into the hands of this guy:

He plays in a band called Red Seas Fire.

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='thedonutman' post='489212' date='May 15 2009, 07:05 PM']After doing some googling, it looks like James Leach's bass has made it's way into the hands of this guy:

He plays in a band called Red Seas Fire.[/quote]

You can buy the replicas from McIntyre.
They look like the kind of bass I would want. Jazz Style but with a modern edge.

[quote name='rodney72a' post='490328' date='May 17 2009, 03:32 AM']What's the weight?[/quote]
Hi there, I'm not sure what the weight is, I don't have any scales at the moment. But I'd say it's a medium weight Jazz. Perfectly manageable. Thanks for looking. Let me know if you'd like to try the bass. Ian

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='491888' date='May 18 2009, 09:38 PM']practically every bassist on the planet...but the big question is 'who's got an appropriate pile of cash for such a stunning bass?'

Good luck with the sale :rolleyes:[/quote]

Exactly...God knows I'd love this bass but I just don't got the wallet! :)

I probably don't need to add this, but, I bought the white 5 string McIntyre / Sei bass that Ian sold last year, I assume that bass was made by Chris McIntyre whilst at Sei (correct me if I am wrong Ian) If that is the case, someone will be getting a fantastic bass!
Chris also did some work on my bass, all good stuff, highly recommended if you want any work doing!

Good luck with the sale

Tony

I've recently been considering a 5-string Jazz again with a 34" scale so this is very attractive, and so near to home.

Three important questions are string spacing at the nut, width of the nut and how deep is the neck?

[quote name='obbm' post='492112' date='May 19 2009, 09:00 AM']I've recently been considering a 5-string Jazz again with a 34" scale so this is very attractive, and so near to home.

Three important questions are string spacing at the nut, width of the nut and how deep is the neck?[/quote]

I've just done some measuring (albeit with just a regular plastic ruler so it may not be 100% accurate) but it seems these are the dimentions:

Nut width - 48mm
String spacing at the nut (measured from the middle of a string to the middle of the next string) - 10mm
Depth of neck - roughly 20mm at nut to 25mm at neck/body joint

These are just a rough guide though. It would be best to try the bass. I would say that the neck is a 'fast' one. Not very deep and very easy to get around. The whole instrument is a sleek, modern take on a Jazz bass.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Kingbassist

• 3 weeks later...

I dont suppose you would be up for trading this for my Warwick Corvette $$ 5 in ocean blue + some cash?(link: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50169)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50169)[/url]. Its a long shot but hey got loves a tryer right. Lovely bass exept the neck is too much for me wrist.

Edited by barryenright2320