Why become a member? ×

Summit TD-100 Tube Preamplifier and DI
£500
Manchester/London

Great condition and fully working, just I’ve gone through a slew of preamps and DI boxes and am now culling back based on my preferences.

These have become very expensive new but are still fantastic DI boxes

Running on 230v but will include a spare fuse so you can switch it to 110v if you travel/tour.

Very simple process, just I had it in the states with me recently if you notice the 110v setting in the pictures, don’t want anyone freaking out. It will arrive to you on 230v 👍

I’m open to offers, trades, anything interesting.

More information here:

https://www.summitaudio.com/td100.html

https://sxpro.co.uk/product/summit-audio-td100-7940/

IMG_9006.jpeg

IMG_9007.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9009.jpeg

IMG_9008.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, johnbiffa said:

Interesting, the question we are all pondering is what is your preferred pre/di

i am currently mulling over a REDDI or possibly a Wayne Jones 🤔

Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 😇

All @Sibob’s fault and I recently got to try it and this Summit against the Reddi and Noble (and Khan and I still have my Capo and Ditto Tube DI)

There is a feature set thing that makes the Camden better for my needs than the Summit but the sound is incredible and I’ve found little benefit running the Summit into the Camden, I’m still undecided on running the Ditto (at a high gain) into it, as that did sound special.

Capo I haven’t tried with it and either way everything else will be in addition to the Camden (mainly due to feature set)

• Like 1

I’d probably go for my Ditto in a DI only situation but most of the time I go to a Countryman Type 10.

I tried the summit, ditto, khan and reddi out together. They are all very very similar. All sound great and any differences are hard to explain, could disappear with a touch on the tone knob or a tiny bit of eq.

I’ll be comparing the countryman and ditto in the studio on Tuesday but I like that I can push the front of a pre with the gain on the ditto.

The summit has the benefit of a 1/4 inch out with the tube signal which the reddi and ditto don’t. Khan does but then no gain and no impedance control.

Then it also has a headphone out which was my main use until I got the Camden which has the aux in which I use with a Bluetooth adapter.

Also it’ll (summit) fit in a rack case or gig bag front pocket.

Really it depends on your needs, and how much you want to lug to a gig. The reddi is twice as long as my ditto and my ditto I have in its own small peli which is awkward when moving through a city with my gruv gear kapsule. In this situation the summit or Camden fit in the bag.

If you’ve stayed with me this far, I clearly have too much gear 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love bit of kit. Just to add to previous, my most common studio rig atm Is 2 Camden 500's. One taking a REDDI and the other a clean parallel. The camden preamps are stupidly good, at any price point. The face they're affordable too is amazing.