Why become a member? ×

What would you do?

joel406

On 11/02/2024 at 01:08, joel406 said:

. . . . . You have roughly a $4,000 usd budget.

The world is your lobster, but I would  be looking at good used Mike Lull or NYC Sadowsky basses. Best basses I've ever owned and played.

Or. . . .  a long shot, a Rob Allen Deep 4/5.

On 14/02/2024 at 09:55, tauzero said:

Sei Flamboyant 5-string headless fretless with piezo bridge saddles feeding a GraphTech ghost Hexpander to 13-pin jack.

So you're not really too sure about what you want 🤣 (Good choice by the way, but I'd go fretted 👍)

Edited by Acebassmusic

Based on my recent experience of buying a used one, I think anyone with a good budget should at least consider commissioning a custom ACG. $4k will get you anything you want built, popped in a really good case and shipped to the US, with change for a party when it arrives.

Edited by JoeEvans

On 11/02/2024 at 08:21, Geek99 said:

I’d look at any instrument that was better quality than the standard of my playing and keep the change.

So, one $150 squier affinity later … 

On that basis an HB P Bass kit for me as my mechanical and electrical skills far outweigh my musical talent.

• Like 1

Depends if you like, boutique and/or off piste basses. 

If, like many and you don't, then it's down to the usual suspects. 

Think carefully, a spendy bass says a lot about it's owner, well it does to other anorak bass players😉 they will sum up your character, house decor, car, sex life just by it's profile, obviously no one else would give a toss, it's just a funny looking, long geetar thing. 

Edited by iconic