Why become a member? ×

Sale on Eden strings at Fairdeal Music

48 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

"Eden are one of the most recognized brands in the bass guitar world..."

Which I guess is why Marshall effectively let them go bust before flogging off the remains to Gear4Music.

Didn't know that, must be why they're so cheap. Probably all rusty too

1 hour ago, ricksterphil said:

Didn't know that, must be why they're so cheap. Probably all rusty too

It sounds like it. All the Eden stuff on the Gear4Music site is being sold cheap too. There's nothing there that I need, though.

It's a real shame. I love the Eden sound.

15 hours ago, lozkerr said:

It sounds like it. All the Eden stuff on the Gear4Music site is being sold cheap too. There's nothing there that I need, though.

It's a real shame. I love the Eden sound.

Out of interest, what is the Eden sound?

4 hours ago, Marky L said:

I'd describe it as full, warm and vintage, especially with an all-valve head. This might convey a bit of it - WTP600 head and 210 cab by Eden, song by Joy Division, mistakes by me:

• Thanks 1

On 28/01/2024 at 05:30, Marky L said:

Well, if we have a continuum with SWR, with the super-clean, high-tech, tweeter-dominated sound on one side, with Ampeg, with its warm, woolly tone on the other, then Eden was somewhere in the middle - warmer and punchier than SWR, but still much more modern in terms of tone than Ampeg.

Marshall missed a trick with Eden. Well, multiple tricks, really. On one hand, I’m glad that Marshall didn’t subsume Eden into its range the same way Fender did with SWR (let’s face it, every bass amp that Fender has released in the past 10 years is a descendent of what they inherited from SWR), but they also didn’t give it the care and attention the brand needed and kinda just let it slowly wither. David Nordschow’s current DNA range show where Eden could have ended up. He should get the name back. 

• Like 2