Why become a member? ×

1987 Hofner 500/1 Beatle Bass - *SOLD*
£995
Margate

jay-syncro

• jay-syncro changed the title to 1987 Hofner 500/1 Beatle Bass
22 minutes ago, thebuckets said:

Is that a ding in the top 'horn' and is the cracking on the neck.confirmed as finish only and not the neck itself?

What do you mean by the ding on the top horn? The neck cracks are in the finish, I can't feel feel them at all when I'm playing the bass.

Cheers, Apologies, one of the photos has your finger pointing to what looks like a dint, must just be the light, my bad. 

Didn't think I was a big fan of violin basses but I keep coming back!

Have a bump

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thebuckets said:

Cheers, Apologies, one of the photos has your finger pointing to what looks like a dint, must just be the light, my bad. 

Didn't think I was a big fan of violin basses but I keep coming back!

Have a bump

Ah I see what you mean, no ding just my finger trying to position the bass for the photo 👍

In other news, a Basschatter has asked if the finish is nitro or poly. I'm 95% sure it's nitro due to the feel and the way it's wearing, but does anyone know for sure? 

Re nitro or poly finish, if you want a definitive answer it might be worth dropping an email to Hofner HQ at [email protected]. I've done this before on a different matter and had a helpful reply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2024 at 12:55, ikay said:

Re nitro or poly finish, if you want a definitive answer it might be worth dropping an email to Hofner HQ at [email protected]. I've done this before on a different matter and had a helpful reply.

Thanks for the suggestion 👍

I contacted Hofner and they have just confirmed that it is indeed a nitro cellulose finish. 

• Thanks 1

Typical BC comment: I would take this if my Ric 4000-to-4001 conversion were to sell - which helps you not one jot, since it hasn't sold 

In which case, please take this as a bump from me for a lovely bass!

• Like 1

• jay-syncro changed the title to 1987 Hofner 500/1 Beatle Bass SOLD