Why become a member? ×

New bass!

agroupuk

Hey folks,

I finally took the plunge and bought a new Squier Reissue Jazz bass today.
The guy in the shop couldnt believe how fast it flew out (he only got it in 10 mins before I got there hehe)

Been wanting one like this for a while but there was never one in a shop I could look at locally and had held off from internet purchasing one ... well... just in case build quality was off.

Picked it up in the shop and it felt right. Nice neck, nice spacing, light, tactile and a superb smooth shape.

Plays really nicey and sounds awesome!

Anyhow - heres a few pics.

[attachment=25069:DSC_0375.jpg]

[attachment=25070:DSC_0370.jpg]

[attachment=25071:DSC_0371.jpg]

[attachment=25072:DSC_0372.jpg]

Cheers!

Edd

I played one of these Classic Vibe Jazzes the other week. It was simply stunning to play & sounded awesome, even through the cheap Peavey combo in the shop. Still very tempted to go back and get it! The basswood body seems to have just the right amount of resonance, too. Lovely things.

A different topic maybe, but I've always wondered why vintage / vintage-style basses have the thumbrest in that position? Surely it would make more sense to have it on the other side of the strings where your thumb goes?!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='486036' date='May 12 2009, 03:28 PM']A different topic maybe, but I've always wondered why vintage / vintage-style basses have the thumbrest in that position? Surely it would make more sense to have it on the other side of the strings where your thumb goes?![/quote]

It's because Leo Fender originally envisaged the newly designed electric version of the double bass being played with the right hand thumb. The block below the strings was designed as a 'finger rest.'