Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Tru Bass strings

Just fitted a RS88S 065-115 short-scale set to my home noodling bass (Encore P) and absolutely loving the sound and feel of these! They're an unopened set I got given with a used s-s ACG bought off here and I've only given them a try to avoid shelling out on my preferred La Bella 760FS-S strings.

Are any of you gigging these?

• 2 weeks later...

I put a long scale set of these on a fretless P, its a cool sound, I was worried about the feel of them, if they were going to be too floppy, but work fine for me. 

Not gigged yet but I'll report back if I do!

19 hours ago, gjones said:

I do like them but the gauge is enormous. I've only got one bass where the nut slots are wide enough to fit them.

Yes, I had to open the nut slots out on mine. The s-s set is 065 075 090 115, which is probably another reason why they initially got stuck away in the back of a drawer rather than being tried. Must say the fairly expensive set of nut files I splashed out on fairly recently have proved very useful ever since. Not much use when you need to down-size on slot width though. 🙂

• Like 1